By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Secret of Mana 3D remake announced for PS4, PS Vita, and PC

Shadow1980 said:
Honestly, I'd rather just wait for the Mana Collection to be localized in English. SNES-era sprites > polygons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSTwjVnlNss

Seiken Densetsu 3 (secret of mana 2) has been translated by fans.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Nice, SQ would be very stupid if they dont realize it on Switch too, but probably they will announce for Switch also later.

switch wont be getting it until a few months later if not at all. nintendo fans get to play the collection in japanese but if square enix brings the remake over to the switch , they should bring the collection to the playstation as well. its only fair

Not on the Switch??
WTF Square!!
I could borrow my wife's Vita, but... but!!

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

manuel said:
Not on the Switch??
WTF Square!!

or on Xbox One.

JRPGfan said:
manuel said:
Not on the Switch??
WTF Square!!

or on Xbox One.

Well, that is a console I did not expect to even be mentioned in this thread.

Around the Network
Xen said:
JRPGfan said:

or on Xbox One.

Theres gotta be a few xbox guys out there that owned a snes at one point.

also look at the pics:

It looks like it survived going from 2D->3D.

JRPGfan said:
Xen said:

Theres gotta be a few xbox guys out there that owned a snes at one point.

also look at the pics:

It looks like it survived going from 2D->3D.

I love the artstyle. It retains lots of its charm, especially the waterfall is beautifully done!

I suppose porting to XBO is still not perfectly easy, as most Japanese titles skip the thing.

Hoping for a switch version,but I'll probably get it regardless.

Pinkie_pie said:
Miyamotoo said:
Nice, SQ would be very stupid if they dont realize it on Switch too, but probably they will announce for Switch also later.

switch wont be getting it until a few months later if not at all. nintendo fans get to play the collection in japanese but if square enix brings the remake over to the switch , they should bring the collection to the playstation as well. its only fair

I don't really matters, SQ would be stupid not release this game for Switch, this is Unity game and its not demanding or complex game, they would basically living money on table.

Kai_Mao said:
SegataSanshiro said:
Odd that Switch get's the Mana collection in Japan retail but this remake is not on Switch. Tho I am not so sure I trust SE these days with a remake of a classic like that.

Worse, they appear to have no plans to release the collection overseas while releasing the remake worldwide. It's like Monster Hunter all over again. I get that the third game hasn't been translated yet but still. Moments like these show that Nintendo gets the short end of the stick of even simple stuff from third party. This has nothing to do with graphics and such.

Likely licensing agreements and such at play resulting in restrictions.
Ultimately it's the consumers that miss out.

Xen said:

I suppose porting to XBO is still not perfectly easy, as most Japanese titles skip the thing.

The game is releasing on PC.
And PC to Xbox One ports are actually a pretty simple and quick affair.

The fact that it is also releasing on Vita means they have a build of the game that isn't very demanding.
It would have been great for more gamers to be exposed to this franchise and have it release on iOS, Android, Xbox One and Switch as well.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--