By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Former Valve writer has posted the entire plot of Half Life 2 Episode 3

http://www.marclaidlaw.com/epistle-3/

Website is down due to the high traffic but whelp here it is the end of the Half Life series it seems.

Note he changed the names of characters, items, and locations.

But here's a pastebin with the proper names in case you can't get on the site

https://pastebin.com/q9DMFa7c

Around the Network

Goddamnit! by the time I actually play Half Life this post will be down xD

I just got around to finally playing and finishing Half Life 2 Episode 1 and 2 a few days ago as well.

I'm not gonna jump to conclusions, especially since this may lead to more info being revealed in next few weeks possibly, but Valve deserves the backlash if they truly have known all this time that Half Life 2 Episode 3 or Half Life 3 were never going to release but purposely wouldn't even acknowledge or admit it, leading many people on thinking that it was because they were still working on it and would talk about it when it was ready. That's fucked up and makes it a thousand times worse compared to just outright saying it's not gonna happen.

If that was the case they should have said something fucking years ago. People have been waiting 10 YEARS.

I'm trying to remain hopeful/skeptical and think that it is possible that they may still finally release it some day, but this does not seem like a good sign for it really. What a dissapointment, since the story seems so good but to know that it may never become a real thing at all is just a waste.

I feel a sense of closure at least and i'm glad that it was posted so that people don't have to deal with not knowing what happens after episode 2. Thanks, Marc Laidlaw. With this he's done more than Valve has done for Half-Life in years. 

Shame. Than again if it was bad than i am glad they didnt go through with it

HL2 for me was a disappointment, it had a dark tone inlike the first game, and somehow felt lifeless despite all that graphical detail, and I hated those disgusting slimy alien spiders.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

Cool stuff, who could of predicted that today would be the day.

Pretty interesting story. The deep sci-fi lends itself to some really interesting things graphically and gameplay-wise. Too bad it'll never come out.

Was this HL2 ep.3 or HL3? It sounds like ep3  Sorry, didn't read the title properly.

tfw Steam probably wouldn't exist without HL2 and HL3 probably won't happen because of Steam's success.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

It proves the link between HL universe and Portal universe , hinted at the end of HL2 EP2

Would have been one hell of a game supported by a story like this... if Valve were still developping games.