By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation: An excellent platform

An excellent platform? Sure. This is how it should be. Consoles, and Playstation in particular, have proven to be vital for a generation of games, to promote and provide focus. This is where in comparison the PC as a games platform has failed miserably.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network

Yes I love the freedom and variety PlayStation transmission.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Playstation has been my main console since the PS1.

I remember my mon taking me to a videogame store (i already had the N64) to buy the PS1. The sales guy told me why would i want a PS1 if i already had a N64, it only had 32 bits! (Console Warz was real back then).

I hope the brand lives forever. Just like Nintendo, i just cant see how the industry can survive without them.

I dont know why, but i feel like the Kaz, Shuhei, Cerny and Layden Team clicked together to make great things happen.

COKTOE said:

I also had issues with my launch window PS1, but at least some of that came from lending it out to friends, and them abusing the shit out of it. At least by my standards. Leaving it running constantly. Like, instead of saving, and turning it off, they would leave it running in a HOT, dust filled room while they went out for dinner. Idiots. I gave them shit for that, and of course it stopped working shortly after I got it back. As for DD, yeah. It was such a ridiculous step up from the 16 bit consoles. Not just the graphics, which at the time were amazing, but all the physics as well. The deformation, cars getting crunched, spinning around, and the damage actually effecting the performance. The cars couldn't be tipped over, and although DD2 introduced that element, I didn't like it as much as the original. After my rental experince, it was the first game I bought.

Yea, I got Destruction Derby 1 and a friend eventually got 2 or rented it.  Some reason I wasn't drawn into 2 as much as I was with 1.  Not sure because they did add a decent amount of new stuff.  Some reason it could never top 1 for me.  I see it dropped on the N64 which I might have to grab.  See used copy on ebay going for 12-15 range.