By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that you liked but dragged on for too long.

Smartie900 said:
Super Mario Galaxy 2. Was a great game.... but the level design was nowhere near as imaginative as Super Mario Galaxy... which I consider a masterpiece. Galaxy 2 kinda just felt like a DLC pack to the original game that was extended to be a full release game. Maybe it's just that I played this game like a week after I did a 100 percent completion run of Galaxy 1.

Yeah, I think that probably had an influence on your experience. People think more favorably of Galaxy 2 the longer they waited to play it after Galaxy 1. The gameplay is so similar that playing 2 immediately after 1 can feel repetitive, even though its level design is superior.

Around the Network

Metroid Prime 2, game starts out amazing, but the second and (especially) third areas of the game overstay their welcome IMO.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Tomb Raider 2013

FFXV - Chapter 13

Keybladewielder said:
Bravely Default. I liked the game for its gameplay, visuals and music but the story is lame and after you reach chapter 5 it becomes a repetitive chore ugh.

Yeah, that's a great example actually. I remember that 2nd half killing what was otherwise an excellently made classic feeling JRPG. It's a game I have mixed feelings about everytime I'm reminded of it...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Captain_Yuri said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Life.

So deep bro

Thanks. It's nice to have fans. 

I'd also like to add Gears of War 4. Holy fuck that was long and drawn out.

Around the Network

Metroid Prime 2.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Xenoblade Chronicles and Dragon Age Origins ...

The plot fell apart towards the near end of the game for the former and for the latter it was very hard to get into so that's why I lost motivation to complete both ...

RobDX said:
Lol it's as if this thread was made specifically for me at this moment. I just finished tales of symphonia yesterday and while I was liking the game at first I did feel like it just dragged on for too long. The combat system was interesting at first but after 800+ encounters and lots of dialogue things turned tedious so I kinda had force myself to finish it.

Same here.

Dragonforce

BioShock Infinite.
The story was phenomenal and the world great, though I wish some things just happened quicker and had less battle sequences.

One already mentioned is Xenoblade. Just way too many things to do, to the point it really took away from the experience.