By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Cavs trade Kyrie to the Celtics

Who won the trade?

Cavs 8 47.06%

Celtics 9 52.94%

Total:17

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20421382/celtics-cavaliers-talks-kyrie-irving-trade-heat-up

Cavs give: Kyrie Irving

Cavs receive: Isaiah Thomas, Crowder, Zizic, and 1st round pick from Brooklyn

This is an astonishing trade for both parties which reflects their vision for the short and long term of their franchises. Cleveland in my opinion is the winner, as they receive three solid players and a pick which will allow them to develop. 

Boston has taken a gamble acquiring Kyrie. However, their core with Hayward, Horford, and Irving may be enough to allow this team to continue to grow

Around the Network

Golden State is just going to slap either one around in the Finals so I don't think it matters much, lol.

I view the Cavs as the winners. Isaiah and Kyrie as being on the same level, plus they got a very good wing defender, which will help take pressure off LeBron. And having a draft pick from the Brooklyn Nets, and the Nets just lost their best player, so they're going to most likely stink up the joint this season, giving the Cavs a place in the lottery most likely. So even with LeBron gone, it's not all doom and gloom.

I think Kyrie is better than Isaiah and younger to boot, but Cavs got some additional pieces ... that said, it doesn't matter a whole lot if LeBron bolts in a year.

Soundwave said:
I think Kyrie is better than Isaiah and younger to boot, but Cavs got some additional pieces ... that said, it doesn't matter a whole lot if LeBron bolts in a year.

Unlike 2007, they have prepared for LeBron's potential exit. Instead of going from top 4 to the bottom, they'll hopefully fire the terrible coach they have and get an actual one to run an offense where LeBron is gone.

Around the Network

About time the drama is over, great trade for the cavs.

Irving is better in my opinion.

WebMasterFlex said:
Irving is better in my opinion.

5' 9" guard to 6' 3" guard with most dangerous handles. Height increase removes size problems and the Celtics team will be less dependent on one person only

3 average players + draft pick for an NBA All-Star. It is a fair trade. Kyrie Irving is one of the greatest ever players in the NBA.

And the rebounding issue for Boston gets bigger than it already was, which was a big issue. AAAAAAH! I would have loved this trade had Boston got Tristian Thompson., but financials.