By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - A very good commentary on the state of Xbox by a well spoken youtuber

Pinkie_pie said:
I won't watch it unless it's crapgamers video

Around the Network

I'm not gonna watch it... but I'm gonna guess he's gonna say the X1 needs more notable exclusives.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Soundwave said:
XBox is a brand for third party multiplats and Halo/Forza/Gears. I think people just need to accept that and get over it. XBox One X will give MS the best multiplats again, and that's the majority of what XBox players play. NBA 2K, Madden, FIFA, Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Destiny, etc.

Thats a losing argument. Microsoft didndt come into the race to lose. If you told Microsoft that they are a brand for third party and multiplats, I am sure they would disagree with you even though they have made themselves out to look that way. You're essentially saying they are incapable of growth by saying they are about Forza, Gears Halo and multiplats.

I'm not a huge fan of YouTube commentators, though  I would agree with MS' desperate need to focus on first party or exclusives in general in the future if he speaks about it. Still, MS will be fine. The x appeals very much to their core audience and will likely have a strong launch in the US and UK, which is all they really need to subsist. 

Mr Puggsly said:
I'm not gonna watch it... but I'm gonna guess he's gonna say the X1 needs more notable exclusives.

Well of course, but he explained the situation very well. As far as exclusives, its not that he spoke about exclusives, but he said Sony seems to know whom the core fanbase is on their brand and what they like. They will buy what diverse games Sony puts out even if it sells slightly near or over  two million and beyond. The lack of growth, foresight and identity of the brand in what they deliver to their consumers is a big problem. He also did a comparison between the Xbox and Playstations growth from the beginning to end in studio growth. He also pointed out the comparison of Sony and Nintendos exclusives why that is carrying their sales despite the fact that people say exclusives are not helping with the steady sales of consoles. Nothing major...it was just a thoughts video.

Around the Network
Ariakon said:

I'm not a huge fan of YouTube commentators, though  I would agree with MS' desperate need to focus on first party or exclusives in general in the future if he speaks about it. Still, MS will be fine. The x appeals very much to their core audience and will likely have a strong launch in the US and UK, which is all they really need to subsist. 

He was speaking about how people say exclusives dont matter and yet there seems to be a correlation between The PS4 and Nintendo Switch having exclusives on a monthly basis are keeping their sales stable. Sony is giving a value which is keeping their consoles selling over a certain amount per month. Most certainly, Nintendo has been keeping their gamers busy as well until Mario Odyssey drops. Nintendo is definitely going to win december this year once that game drops.  Microsoft is banking on the X to save their year but it wont as long as their competition have all of the most sought after marketing bundles and exclusives of the year in fourth quarter.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Pinkie_pie said:
I won't watch it unless it's crapgamers video

LOL Yeah...I cringed when he said that. Crap is beyond delusional.

The whole problem with Xbox these days is very simple. If I already have a pc I see reason in buying a Switch or even a PS4. But I don't see any reason to buy a Xbox One to be honest. It gets less and the same (noteworthy) games as PC from now on. Their 9nline is paid while PC online is free and their are no true Xbox high budget games in development and that's unlikely to changet thanks to the W10 unified platform. The next Xbox actually should be a W11pc or whatever they will call it. Because I see no reason to prefer a Xbox over pc these days. Not that the PS does much better, but at least it has some good exclusives left.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

So he isn't saying anything that vgc have discussed to death... but Phill will have another announcement saying they are increasing first party investments to unprecedented levels.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
So he isn't saying anything that vgc have discussed to death... but Phill will have another announcement saying they are increasing first party investments to unprecedented levels.

Yeah...the investments seem to be focused on next gen. Last I checked they said between two and a half to three years. yeah...the next Xbox will be out by then. Another problem is those exclusives are being made by studios that we know exactly know, so it might or might not turn out well. Remember that we went through this before with Crytek and Black Tusk and one game was switch from a Kinect game to a regular game and the new IP from Black Tusk was scrapped for the perpetual Gears release. There will be one last Halo and One last Gears this gen. This gen for Xbox is like watching a ship sink slowly. Next gen people will be tired of Forza...mark my words.