PS VR upgrade 20 6.64%

PS mini 20 6.64%

PS4 slim with a new color(red, white etc) 46 15.28%

PS5 24 7.97%

other? 34 11.30%

Total:301
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Xen said:

Yeah, as much as I love my (new!) Vita, that is not happening.

Aw c'mon ... there's got to be a small amount of chance that there will be a new one xD ! 

The cubic root of a small chance multiplied by the ratio of physical copies of Collar x Malice to the physical copies of Black Ops Declassified.

Around the Network
Xen said:

Aw c'mon ... there's got to be a small amount of chance that there will be a new one xD ! 

The cubic root of a small chance multiplied by the ratio of physical copies of Collar x Malice to the physical copies of Black Ops Declassified.

But the PSP sold 80+ mil and the Vita sold 20+ mil. They both sold well for what they were. It wasn't amazing but still ... 

I don't know, I feel like the reasons for PS not to make another PS handheld have more to do with the current times and their place in the market than the vita specifically.

Gran Turismo Sports bundle confirmed

EricHiggin said:
I would have to assume a PS4 or Pro GTS bundle, with a custom color or design.

I do wonder how much it bothers PS that XB1X is physically smaller than Pro. Not by a lot, but the fact its more powerful and smaller, has to make PS feel they need to shrink the Pro asap, no? Question is, does PS have access to a smaller APU node, or are they willing to use more advanced cooling at a higher cost so the console doesn't sound like a jet again? They could probably do either or both, without changing the $399 price tag. Do you keep Pro as is, and drop the price to $349, or spend more to create a Pro slim, and keep the price at $399?

I think it's too late in the gen to have another revision though. 2019 would be a realistic release but that'll be the year before the PS5 is released.

Xen said:

But the PSP sold 80+ mil and the Vita sold 20+ mil. They both sold well for what they were. It wasn't amazing but still ... 

I don't know, I feel like the reasons for PS not to make another PS handheld have more to do with the current times and their place in the market than the vita specifically.

Sony had a huge part to play in the Vita's failure, and the biggest fault is the pricing. There is lots of compelling content on the platform (granted, more low-key than the PSP, without many huge releases, though the general offering of games is of the same spirit), but the pricing just killed its ass. Memory cards, with a logical minimum of 16GB for 40€/$ (IIRC), the system itself for 200... yeah. And then there is competition in the face of the 3DS.

If the Vita saw a bigger success, say, 40 mil, I could see a successor coming - but because of a combination of market factors and Sony's own screwups, perhaps we won't get a successor ever - or, perhaps we will get one much much later.

Around the Network

It's a PS4 with a red cloth. You're getting the red cloth for free!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Xen said:

Sony had a huge part to play in the Vita's failure, and the biggest fault is the pricing. There is lots of compelling content on the platform (granted, more low-key than the PSP, without many huge releases, though the general offering of games is of the same spirit), but the pricing just killed its ass. Memory cards, with a logical minimum of 16GB for 40€/$ (IIRC), the system itself for 200... yeah. And then there is competition in the face of the 3DS.

If the Vita saw a bigger success, say, 40 mil, I could see a successor coming - but because of a combination of market factors and Sony's own screwups, perhaps we won't get a successor ever - or, perhaps we will get one much much later.

I personally think we'll get a successor around the launch of the PS5. I agree with you. Actually I think specifically it was the memory cards that were the pricing issue. Holy fucking shit - they stopped me from buying one.

I guess i'm just disappointed because I never got to play a PS portable system.

Xen said:

I personally think we'll get a successor around the launch of the PS5. I agree with you. Actually I think specifically it was the memory cards that were the pricing issue. Holy fucking shit - they stopped me from buying one.

I wish.

If it were to happen around PS5, I would assume it's possibly gonna be some Xperia-centric platform, provided that Sony can lock it down well enough to their own phones (unlikely that they could!).

Too bad you missed the Vita fire sales.

Xen said:

I wish.

If it were to happen around PS5, I would assume it's possibly gonna be some Xperia-centric platform, provided that Sony can lock it down well enough to their own phones (unlikely that they could!).

Too bad you missed the Vita fire sales.

Your profile pic is misleading. You're not a peaceful burger-loving dude. You're a dream crusher ;-;