By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Who wants to bet with me on Wii marketshare by the end of 2008 ?

I am willing to bet a 1 month ban that Wii will not reach 50% marketshare by December 31st 2008.

I see a lot of posters claiming the opposite so lets see if they actually believe what they say :p

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

Well I'm actually with you... so no point me betting. Hope you win Ail.

I believe ban bets were, er, banned.

I suggest you bet avatars or sigs. A sufficiently humiliating avatar/sig combo should ensure you don't show your face for a while, anyway. ;)

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Ail said:

I am willing to bet a 1 month ban that Wii will not reach 50% marketshare by December 31st 2008.

I see a lot of posters claiming the opposite so lets see if they actually believe what they say :p

When those predictions were being made, nobody knew the PS3 sales would surge like they did. Nobody would take that bet now, I'm afraid.

Either way, ban bets are no longer allowed, and 50 percent is just a number anyway. Hopping around these forums getting excited that the Wii will fall just short of outselling both HD consoles combined....well that's not something to be proud of, unless you're a Mario boy.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

read my sig

Around the Network

If you come up with something else to bet on (since you aren't allowed to bet bans) I would consider it.

To be clear I don't think its a guarantee by any means and I don't think I've ever said it was. But its an interesting bet and one that I think is probably about 35/65 in your favor, where would you put the odds?

To Each Man, Responsibility

The PS3 will never catch the Wii I bet life-time ban from VGCharts ok.

WhiteDevil said:
read my sig

------

Predictions: Wii:40m Ds:90m Ps3:22m 360:25m Psp:39m

Wow so you think the PS3 will outsell the Wii WW AND make up 4 Million units all within 9 months??? Wow... I have better odds with the bet for Wii >50% marketshare this year... Not that I'm taking the bet or anything.

//EDIT:

"Wii will NOT reach 50% market share"

Oh you where talking about this bit..... My bad.

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!

don't think so. Ps3 selling very very good despite its price and 360, althoug been outselled by PS3 and wii, is selling far better than last year

I'm not sure anymore, the 360 is holding on better than I thought (I guessed 6-7mil this year) and the PS3 has increased more than I thought (I thought 9-10 mil this year)

That puts the combined PS360 total around 44 million, which I think the Wii will pass, but as both PS3 and 360 are doing better then they might end up with 46mil+ between them, which Is my high value for Wii... so I think it will be close.