By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games will MS market with XboneX now that Crackdown 3 is delayed?

derpysquirtle64 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

So your answer is they had nothing. Thanks.

Xbone will launch with the same thing Pro did: A bunch of superior multiplat titles. Oh, and Forza 7.

The best thing for MS right now is that Sony doesn't really have any big games this holiday season as well. On the other hand they've got all marketing deals. 

If Sony wanted to release their major  exclusives in fourth quarter they could. Luckily for us, much like Nintendo...they aren't stupid. Also yes,  bundles are great on both sides of the tracks. 4th quarter is the season of the big third party publishers. Sony will most likely cut the pro price and sell horizon bundles to add insult to injury.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

So your answer is they had nothing. Thanks.

Xbone will launch with the same thing Pro did: A bunch of superior multiplat titles. Oh, and Forza 7.

It's not that they had nothing. Sony launches everything strategically at different times of the year. sony doesn't put their key ips in harms way in November . Graphicswise crackdown cannot do for Xbox one x  what horizon does with the pro. The Xbox was marketed as a console that will make third party look better anyway so I don't think it mattered that they had nothing anyway. Really and truly it should t affect much. Those who want an x will get it.

Another long winded reply with the same answer: they had nothing. Horizon came months after the Pro. When Pro launched Sony relied entirely on superior multiplats over PS4/Xbone to sell the Pro. MS will do the same for the Scorpio. Hell, at least it will have Forza 7 at launch, a AAA exclusive built to shine on the Scorpio. Pro didn't have anything like that at launch.

Lauster said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

The best thing for MS right now is that Sony doesn't really have any big games this holiday season as well. On the other hand they've got all marketing deals. 

Except GT Sport...

And MS has Forza 7. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

If Sony wanted to release their major  exclusives in fourth quarter they could. Luckily for us, much like Nintendo...they aren't stupid. Also yes,  bundles are great on both sides of the tracks. 4th quarter is the season of the big third party publishers. Sony will most likely cut the pro price and sell horizon bundles to add insult to injury.

I doubt they could've released their games in Q4 because it is obvious that they are not quite finished yet. I even doubt a lot of them will release early 2018. 

LudicrousSpeed said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

It's not that they had nothing. Sony launches everything strategically at different times of the year. sony doesn't put their key ips in harms way in November . Graphicswise crackdown cannot do for Xbox one x  what horizon does with the pro. The Xbox was marketed as a console that will make third party look better anyway so I don't think it mattered that they had nothing anyway. Really and truly it should t affect much. Those who want an x will get it.

Another long winded reply with the same answer: they had nothing. Horizon came months after the Pro. When Pro launched Sony relied entirely on superior multiplats over PS4/Xbone to sell the Pro. MS will do the same for the Scorpio. Hell, at least it will have Forza 7 at launch, a AAA exclusive built to shine on the Scorpio. Pro didn't have anything like that at launch.

The only post that makes more logical sense.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network
darkenergy said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

The only post that makes more logical sense.

The thing is Sony deliberately didn't market the Pro strongly because they knew the base PS4 would be the breadwinner. 

A reminder: Sony sold all the Pros they manifactured.

Microsoft on the other hand need the X to sell after their marketing push tanked the sales of the S.

Them launching with nothing leaves them with no momentum, while Sony only needed "PS4, but better".

As much as these two launches aren't dissimilarin terms of content, they are in terms of their company's status in the industry.

I guess forza 7 and AC Origins

Shadow of Mordor if they push the xboxs power

A little lukewarm HW release... not good for the prospects of a mid-gen release

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Assassin's Creed Origins, Middle Earth Shadow of War, and Forza Motorsport 7 i'm guessing.

There are others that they could try to with like Super Lucky's Tale since that is launching on the same day as the Xbox One X so it's a launch game but it remains to be seen if that's gonna be a thing Microsoft pushes as a big game or more like a filler release sort of thing.

Cuphead maybe?