By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games will MS market with XboneX now that Crackdown 3 is delayed?

arcaneguyver said:
Machiavellian said:

As I have stated, MS has made their plans very clear on their direction, how they are going to build software and hardware which emulates how the PC market is today.  For Sony, they have made nothing clear.  No one knows how they will move forward from the PS4 Pro and they have sent mixed messages.  

As for drifting from my point, there is today and their is the futre.  Which one do you want to talk about.  Today's marketing for the PS4 Pro and X1X is pretty much the same for the devices.  They are mid gen consoles.  IS this part not correct.  Neither have exclusive games, am I not correct.  Developers need to make sure all games are playable and support both platforms.  Are these not the major points both companies promoted for their mid gen consoles.  Not you can list the major marketing differences between the 2.

The difference here, far as I can tell, is X1X is far more important to Xbox than Pro is to Playstation. X1X has been the major talk for two E3s now for MS. Pro has been pushed even less than the PSVR. The marketing will be different, as MS will actually advertise their mid-gen refresh; this is their chance at reclaiming some shine in the console realm. Bringing us back to "what will they use to advertise their system?" Forza 2k17 & AssCreed 2k17 are the obvious answers, an "exclusive" and a multiplat of different genres.

Is the X1X really all that important.  I would think if it was that important then they would price it the same as the PS4 Pro, take the hit and go toe to toe with Sony.  Instead, MS sells it at premuim price knowing its 100 bucks over the sweet spot.  I believe the X1X is important but not as a mass market consumer level piece of hardware but instead as a piece of hardware as you state to gain that shine as the big boy in town, take away the negative halo that the X1 launched with and set the tone for how MS will proceed within the market from this point.  

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Machiavellian said:

As I have stated, MS has made their plans very clear on their direction, how they are going to build software and hardware which emulates how the PC market is today.  For Sony, they have made nothing clear.  No one knows how they will move forward from the PS4 Pro and they have sent mixed messages.  

As for drifting from my point, there is today and their is the futre.  Which one do you want to talk about.  Today's marketing for the PS4 Pro and X1X is pretty much the same for the devices.  They are mid gen consoles.  IS this part not correct.  Neither have exclusive games, am I not correct.  Developers need to make sure all games are playable and support both platforms.  Are these not the major points both companies promoted for their mid gen consoles.  Not you can list the major marketing differences between the 2.

Yes it's a drift.

You can't say that Xbox have a clear marketing on getting rid of generation and so X1X doesn't have exclusives against X1 (for which I showed you the VR. It coming along or not is irrelevant since you were talking about message, and they did convey the message) and shall not have against X1XX and that Sony simply didn't made it cristal clear what is after PS4Pro and that so far all we know is that PS4Pro doesn't have exclusives.

You can't just cut all the history to small tidbit to say both are equal. Because the way you are doing this we could say Wii and PS4 had the same marketing because both machines play games.

I will definitely agree that neither are equal to each company.  Each system primary purpose at this time is pretty much within the same line.  They are refreshes to existing hardware.  You can even say that Sony and MS did a reversal of roles.  It was Sony looking for a more stronger piece of hardware at the beginning of this gen while MS was on some other planet.  Sony went more conservative with their refresh looking to hit the sweet spot while MS definitely needed more of an advantage over the Pro then just meeting its specs.  When all is said and done they serve the same purpose.  Either way we probably beat this one to death.  I am more interested in how he future plans pan out for both MS and Sony and see which one stick to their guns or which one change their strategy 

Machiavellian said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes it's a drift.

You can't say that Xbox have a clear marketing on getting rid of generation and so X1X doesn't have exclusives against X1 (for which I showed you the VR. It coming along or not is irrelevant since you were talking about message, and they did convey the message) and shall not have against X1XX and that Sony simply didn't made it cristal clear what is after PS4Pro and that so far all we know is that PS4Pro doesn't have exclusives.

You can't just cut all the history to small tidbit to say both are equal. Because the way you are doing this we could say Wii and PS4 had the same marketing because both machines play games.

I will definitely agree that neither are equal to each company.  Each system primary purpose at this time is pretty much within the same line.  They are refreshes to existing hardware.  You can even say that Sony and MS did a reversal of roles.  It was Sony looking for a more stronger piece of hardware at the beginning of this gen while MS was on some other planet.  Sony went more conservative with their refresh looking to hit the sweet spot while MS definitely needed more of an advantage over the Pro then just meeting its specs.  When all is said and done they serve the same purpose.  Either way we probably beat this one to death.  I am more interested in how he future plans pan out for both MS and Sony and see which one stick to their guns or which one change their strategy 

I wouldn't go as far as say a reversal of roles.

In both PS4 and PS4Pro Sony went after easyness to develop, standard architeture and good priced; both released at 400 USD, the only difference being one was the main console when released and the other just a refresh to keep people that want better HW partially satisfied.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."