By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games will MS market with XboneX now that Crackdown 3 is delayed?

darkenergy said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Another long winded reply with the same answer: they had nothing. Horizon came months after the Pro. When Pro launched Sony relied entirely on superior multiplats over PS4/Xbone to sell the Pro. MS will do the same for the Scorpio. Hell, at least it will have Forza 7 at launch, a AAA exclusive built to shine on the Scorpio. Pro didn't have anything like that at launch.

The only post that makes more logical sense.

darkenergy said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Another long winded reply with the same answer: they had nothing. Horizon came months after the Pro. When Pro launched Sony relied entirely on superior multiplats over PS4/Xbone to sell the Pro. MS will do the same for the Scorpio. Hell, at least it will have Forza 7 at launch, a AAA exclusive built to shine on the Scorpio. Pro didn't have anything like that at launch.

So the answer to what does Xbox have to market is that Sony didn't have anything to market?

The debate equivalent of " so"

Around the Network

Shadow Of War and Assassin's Creed Origins are the only big third party marketing deals they got. So those two and Forza 7 are gonna be they big pushes for the X. I wouldn't be surprised if the TV ads for AC and War end with "Played best on Xbox One X". But I wouldn't be surprised if both Shadow of War and Assassin's Creed sale better on PS4 simply due to having twice the install base. 

I was gonna get one along with Crackdown but now I'm just going to see what it does for games like Gears 4. Hopefully the 4k patch satisfies my itch. Maybe Forza.

Thespiralmatrix said:
darkenergy said:

darkenergy said:

So the answer to what does Xbox have to market is that Sony didn't have anything to market?

The debate equivalent of " so"

You hit the nail on the head. Thats pretty much the gist.

Machiavellian said:
Tulipanzo said:

The thing is Sony deliberately didn't market the Pro strongly because they knew the base PS4 would be the breadwinner. 

A reminder: Sony sold all the Pros they manifactured.

Microsoft on the other hand need the X to sell after their marketing push tanked the sales of the S.

Them launching with nothing leaves them with no momentum, while Sony only needed "PS4, but better".

As much as these two launches aren't dissimilarin terms of content, they are in terms of their company's status in the industry.

Actually MS has not marketed the X1X any different then Sony did for the Pro.  They have constantly stated that its not a new system its an extension of the existing hardware.  They have stated it will not have any exclusive games.  MS does not need the X to sell like the S because they already know it will not.  If anything from the beginning MS has marketed the X1X as a more powerful S and that is pretty much it.

The X1X purpose was never to gain momentum over the PS4 because the PS4 has already pass the finish line.  There is nothing MS can do that will change this narative this generation.  If anything the X1X will be a very good base system when the Next Xbox and PS system hit the market.  Then it might actually pick up some sales as we probably will not see tripple digget performance in the next systems to come out.

Sure sure... that would also explain why MS dedicated a lot more time promoting X1X than PS4 did for the Pro right? Their full E3 trying to push real 4k prettier pixels were on the same level as Sony

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I guess it'll be Forza 7, then. I wasn't really expecting them to release it with a big title to showcase it, though.

Goddbless said:
Tulipanzo said:
It will launch with Not Much™ and Very Little™.
In all seriousness their focus on third party means they are basically doing marketing for games that will sell better on PS4

Has any multiplat game sold better on Xbox this gen?

OT: I don't think they were pushing C3 as a big X.B.O.X title as the big thing was always the power of the cloud. Other than Forza they seemed to be pushing Assassins Creed pretty hard.

I think one of the Just Dance games did, but no other than that.

I bought an XOne shortly after launch - used it for MCC and Halo 5. But then nothing came out afterwards I wanted to play on it so I was going to sell it. About that time they announced the Scorpio, so I thought I should keep it because they will probably announce games alongside it. I say this with no pleasure - I was very wrong.

Do we have any ideas what Remedy is working on? I really, really, really want Alan Wake 2.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Bandorr said:
epicurean said:
I bought an XOne shortly after launch - used it for MCC and Halo 5. But then nothing came out afterwards I wanted to play on it so I was going to sell it. About that time they announced the Scorpio, so I thought I should keep it because they will probably announce games alongside it. I say this with no pleasure - I was very wrong.

Do we have any ideas what Remedy is working on? I really, really, really want Alan Wake 2.

"Remedy announced that it had formed a new team and is currently working on two different projects, neither of which will be related to Alan Wake.[6] In the following month, Remedy announced their partnership with Smilegate, and that they would handle the single-player story mode of Smilegate's upcoming game CrossFire 2.[7]"

With whatever "Project 7" coming to windows, XB1, and ps4.

Thanks, even though that wasn't what I wanted to hear!

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Machiavellian said:

Actually MS has not marketed the X1X any different then Sony did for the Pro.  They have constantly stated that its not a new system its an extension of the existing hardware.  They have stated it will not have any exclusive games.  MS does not need the X to sell like the S because they already know it will not.  If anything from the beginning MS has marketed the X1X as a more powerful S and that is pretty much it.

The X1X purpose was never to gain momentum over the PS4 because the PS4 has already pass the finish line.  There is nothing MS can do that will change this narative this generation.  If anything the X1X will be a very good base system when the Next Xbox and PS system hit the market.  Then it might actually pick up some sales as we probably will not see tripple digget performance in the next systems to come out.

This is easily proven false if you just look at each console presence at E3. 

The Pro was mentioned in passing and shown in a slideshow at E3 2017, with God of War, arguably Sony's biggest game there, even being showcased on a base model.
The X featured heavily both as a reveal at E3 2016 and the star of the show at E3 2017. 
This is ignoring the huge push in between these events as a "revolutionary leap forward", a "monster" etc.

Leaving aside the effect this will have on xboxx sales, this has left the xboxs looking like, pardon my French, the "tosser model", a look which current sales seem to reflect.
It isn't really surprsing: painting the X has the "ultimate model" means any other would feel like a waste of money.
The hurdle of being the less popular system this gen would always be an issue Sony wouldn't have to contend with, but the way it was handled clearly didn't help Microsoft. 

I realize that seeing as this marketing push has undoubtedly hurt base model sals for XBox that you can do nothing but deny it happened, but that isn't going to help.

I would also dispute your claim that the X would help Microsoft at the start of the next generation.
People, by and large, seem to have a deep seated dislike for the kind of upgrade console cycle you're suggesting Microsoft should adopt.
As a consequence I struggle to imagine that people would give an eventual XBoxXX, which played the same games as the XBoxX, being given even a pssing glance in the face of a PlayStation 5 or a SwitchEroo (yes, that's what they'll call it.)

Power might have been a solution in 2014, but we're now hitting the fourth year of the console, and while Sony and Nintendo are getting widespread critical acclaim and the industry celebrates bigger and better things, Microsoft remains a footnote.
I suggest they fix that, before asking people to pay $500 for a beefed up version of the same thing.