By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best story in a Nintendo developed game

My favorites are Earthbound, Fire Emblem Awakening, Xenoblade Chronicles

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
VGPolyglot said:

I guess the question is whether or not those would be considered to be Nintendo-developed.

Of course?Inteligent Systems is 100% owned by Nintendo.They are the same as the EADs.

Yep. And Nintendo owns  all Fire Emblem trademarks

Majora's Mask

Super Paper Mario wins my vote by quite a large margin. Nintendo games often lack story to the point of being repetitious.

[] [] [] {} [] 

Splatoon hands down.

Around the Network

As many have said Xenoblade Chronicles is leagues apart form other Nintendo games in terms of story, pacing and presentation. But since they acquired Monolith, once the studio was established, I really don't think it is fair to compare it to other nintendo games (to be honest, while I loved Xenoblade, I liked both Baten Kaitos more, and think they should get more love, but since they were made on the gamecube and before Monolith was bought, I don't think they will ever releas a sequel).
On more Nintendo esque games, I loved Paper mario and the thousand year door.

Other games worth mentioning are
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Skyward Sword which had lots of problems, but definitely it's story wasn't one of them
Mario & Luigi games
Primes games, which have excellent atmosphere and lore...but their main story is a little too simple I think

EricFabian said:
Areym said:
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, it's not even a question...although technically it's a collab between Square and Nintendo but I still count it

You need to play Xenoblade asap

I actually bought a Wii exclusively to play xenoblade chronicles. I never got around to finishing it but it was really fun. The story seemed pretty cool too but I wasn't crazy about it

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

mZuzek said:
Vini256 said:

The story kept me engaged until the end (*cough* Unlike a certain recent Zelda game that barely has one *cough*).

Dude, we get it already, you're not a fan of Breath of the Wild. You don't need to repeat yourself in every single post.

I'm sorry, I'll try to avoid it from now on. You like it, I don't (As a Zelda game, just making that clear since I do enjoy playing it), let's keep it at that. No point in us arguing about it any longer =P

Anyways, I'll be removing that part from my post so it doesn't detract from the rest of it anymore, I'd rather not derail this thread again. Feel free to post on my wall if you want/need to though, I'll gladly reply.

So, back to the main topic: I still need to play Xenoblade someday. Will be getting 2 for sure though, it'll be my first Xenoblade game.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask is the first game that came to mind when I read the thread title. I also liked Xenoblade's story a lot, I thought it was engaging.

Edit: I agree with all people mentioning Zelda Skyward Sword

Vini256 said:

I still need to play Xenoblade someday. Will be getting 2 for sure though, it'll be my first Xenoblade game.

Unless you hate JRPGs, you owe it to yourself to play Xenoblade Chronicles ASAP, it's a truly amazing game. Why not play it now to get yourself prepped for XB2 since it's still a few months off? :p

caffeinade said:
curl-6 said:

My vote as well. It consistently kept me engaged with a constant stream of reveals and surprises; every time I thought I had it all figured out, what I knew turned out to be only a small part of a larger picture.

Best part is, the twists never seemed random.

Exactly, it all unfolded very elegantly without ever feeling forced. Add in likeable characters and a degree of thematic depth you just don't see in other Nintendo games, and it wins by a landslide in my book. If XB2's story is even close to as good, (which I hope it is, though I'm not holding my breath as XCX was a letdown in the narrative department) I'll be a happy camper.