By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - All GameStop stores restocking Switch tomorrow for the first time since launch

Xen said:
Miyamotoo said:

Like I wrote, "If some person wants Switch it will buy it eventually in any case regardless this holiday season", but if some person wants any console just to shut their kids up, from that standpoint some people will buy PS4 or XB1 instead.

My point was, the points that make the Switch unique, are not really that unique to some people.

I missed that "eventually" part, I must admit.

Well for people who want Switch, Switch definitely is unique and quite different compared to PS4/XB1.

Around the Network

My daughter's been loving Mario Kart on the Wii. When I showed her video of 8 Deluxe, she was blown away. Switch for our household by Christmas 2018? That's the plan.

Just in time for me to snag one!

Please don't go too fast.

We reap what we sow

This is great news! Before I found my Switch, I remember scouting through online store tracker websites, waiting for availability from -any- retailer. I wonder if we will still see shortages this time.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
radishhead said:

I never considered that, very interesting.

But its nonsensical. We are talking about Gamestop here, who have a big stake in the second hand market because they buy used games at low prices and sell them close to the RRP of new games and probably handle it similar when it comes to used consoles. They aren't going to hoard or destroy used consoles, they'll push them back into the market.

The margin they are going to have on Vitas with this trade-in deal is going to be lower than for any other console in this deal, but the logic here is to give people an incentive to upgrade to newer hardware which in turn moves these consumers into a bracket with higher margins. After all, recent console purchases are more likely to motivate consumers to make game and accessory purchases than consoles that have been bought years ago.

Actually it's simpler than that. Their inventory for new Vita hardware is quite low and have been for a while now, so they rely on trade fill up their stock. It's same situation with the WiiU, it's easier for them to encourage trade and refurbish the hardware than bargain with Nintendo and Sony for allocation on slow moving products.

In the immortal words of Crash, woah.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

It's crazy to think they were out of supply for this long. Switch could have had a lot more gain had they had a lot of units out to coincide with the major releases they came out with this year. Well, here's hoping Nintendo ramps up for the holidays appropriately.

I now have a Nintendo Switch! Can't wait to play Splatoon 2!

Hopefully Nintendo can keep this up.