By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Terrorist attack in Ouagadougou, 20 deaths

spynx said:
Terrorism has still not been defeated

As long as religion exist, it never will. 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Correction: As long as people exist, it never will.

Thank you

The world won't be perfect without religion. We'll still kill and manipulate each other over other things

Ka-pi96 said:
FIT_Gamer said:

Someone hasn't played Spore 

Ka-pi96 said:
FIT_Gamer said:

There wouldn't be nearly as much terrorist attacks without religion though. The leaders of these terrorist groups probably don't care much about religion (the $$$ is more important to them), but they use it to brainwash their soldiers. Of course you can use other things than religion to create terror, but religion is just way more effective than anything else.

FIT_Gamer said:
spynx said:

Nope, religion is just a way of manipulating idiots to commit terrorism acts, so the elites can benefit and reach their financial goals. Even if religion will go extinct tomorrow, they will still find a way of manipulating those idiots.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
VGPolyglot said:
Thanks for bringing this to light, a lot of times events in countries like these aren't really brought up here. It's a horrible that happened, many people just trying to live out their daily lives getting caught up and killed merely for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Agree with this. It`s understandable that countries like Burkina Faso don`t get as much attention when attacks like this happen because I don`t think there`s anybody from there even on VGC, but it`s still nice to see some people notice and think it deserves some attention.

The thread about the terrorist attack in Barcelona already got way more posts. I guess it's mostly because of the difference in life standard. I mean, a lot of people in Africa die at a young age anyways, so it's not as shocking as an attack in a developed country.

I'm starting to become desensitized to this stuff. It's too common for my liking.

FIT_Gamer said:
spynx said:

Terrorist is not always related to religion... most of the time, religion is just a way to manipulate people to that. While there´s still people on Earth interested in any kind of political or ethnic conflict , there will be terrorism.