By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Article: "America's Future Is Texas"

StarDoor said:

That many people on the left have a habit of:

1.) Immediately shutting down any sort of dicussion that includes people with right-wing views and
2.) Demonizing people who hold right-wing views.

Demonizing? Oh come now. Don't be a baby. You know I did no such thing.

I responded to what I felt merited a reply. I found most of his post though to be a bunch of prejudices against leftists that aren't worth responding to.

Let's face it, he's a Trump voter. People like that think people like me are sub-human. He's not going to listen to me or care what I think about anything. He's just got his worldview that he's just going to regurgitate no matter what I say anyway.

Around the Network
Jaicee said:
gergroy said:
I'm not a liberal or a conservative, my views tend to be pretty middle of the road. However, I still get annoyed quite often here in Utah at how conservative the local government is. I have to pretty much ignore local politics. I was proud of the fact that we were a battleground state last election with a strong revulsion for trump here (even if he ended up winning...)

Trump carried Utah by a margin of 18 percentage points. I'm not sure that that actually makes Utah a "battleground state". ;)

It was a "battleground" because of Mcmuffin. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

I heard Austin is very liberal, maybe you can move in that direction if you're bothered.

OhNoYouDont said:
I heard Austin is very liberal, maybe you can move in that direction if you're bothered.

I can attest to it being obscenely liberal. The outlying areas, though, like Round Rock, Pflugerville, Cedar Park, etc- those places have a refreshing Central point of view with very little lean. Pro-gun, pro-choice, anti-Trump, anti-Hillary...

Pretty much everything I agree with. All about reduced government intrusion on what we can and cannot do. When you get too far into Austin, you start dealing with the whole "you can't smoke because then I can't enjoy the same private establishment as you" bullshit (as a disclaimer, I'm allergic to tobacco and actually can't be around it, yet I believe they have the right to smoke in bars if the bar owner allows it).

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Nah, Texas doesn't suck. Only the majority of voters there.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Jaicee said:
method114 said:
I like Texas got a huge home for dirt cheap here and overall it's just cheap to live here. I'm not really into politics so that stuff doesn't bother me.

Stuff is cheap in Texas for a reason: because the jobs pay very little.

Hmm I actually thought that was another good thing about Texas you can get those oil jobs easily striaght out of highschool making like 60k. The IT jobs I know pay well espicially if you work for an oil company, the almost pay to much.

Miguel_Zorro said:

I changed the thread title to the article title.  You can change it again if you want to, but "Why Texas Sucks" isn't ok.

Okay, whatever you need to do. :P

Why do people cry when they live in a political area different than their preferences? Move. I live in a very liberal part of PA (one of the few counties that went Hillary) and am a conservative. Do I care? No. If it really ever bothers me that much, I will move. The rustbelt won Trump the presidency so it was my state being part of it, not Texas which obviously was going to go to any Republican. 

An article or study saying something so absurd shouldn't be taken seriously. Trump was suppose to lose Ohio and many states he won based on "studies" and "polls". All these articles are just fan fiction or rally the troops fear mongering.

method114 said:

Hmm I actually thought that was another good thing about Texas you can get those oil jobs easily striaght out of highschool making like 60k. The IT jobs I know pay well espicially if you work for an oil company, the almost pay to much.

You'll notice how the median household income in Texas is slightly below the national median. That's because, while those oil jobs pay a lot, most people don't have access to them. (Specifically, only men have access to those oil jobs.) Texas isn't North Dakota. For the rest of the working population that can't access that kind of work, they mostly seem to get low-paying jobs in the retail sector.