By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which gaming ecosystem do you play most on?

Which gaming ecosystem do you play most on?

Nintendo 90 31.03%

Steam 33 11.38%

GOG 3 1.03%

Sony 125 43.10%

MS 30 10.34%

other? 9 3.10%

Total:290
Cerebralbore101 said:
Nintendo and Sony get most of my playtime. I have a Steam library that I want to dig into, but there's too many good games these days. Switch has me playing Splatoon 4 hours a day currently.

Does that mean the Steam library you have is bad that you cannot be willing to do anything with it?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Nintendo and Sony devices

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Id like to say ps4 because of all the games i bought and need to finish, but as of now Nintendo. 

Also i dont think Microsoft or GOG or Steam should be seperated. 

Point is: Steam and GOG are not exclusive to Microsoft, so it doesn't make sense to lump them together.

GOG first then Steam. Steam has the most to offer, but GOG is just more of a pleasure to use. Whenever I can, I buy my games on GOG. That they're DRM free is a bonus.

Usually, Linux compatibility is also a criterion for buying games on GOG (one reason why the Witcher III isn't in my library yet). And if games don't get ported, Wine compatibility with GOG games is often just a bit better than with Steam.

PC then Nintendo

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

For exclusives and multiplayer PS4 > For exclusives Nintendo > Pretty much for downloading free stuff right now Xbox (looking to change that though)

I've been PS-based for most of my life, barring my first console, the Sega Genesis, and in 2008 when the Wii was my main console. I also generally have a Nintendo console as my secondary system as well.

PS4. Will probably get a Switch in the future.

WolfpackN64 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Id like to say ps4 because of all the games i bought and need to finish, but as of now Nintendo. 

Also i dont think Microsoft or GOG or Steam should be seperated. 

Point is: Steam and GOG are not exclusive to Microsoft, so it doesn't make sense to lump them together.

Right but it doesn't make sense to seperate them. They're all accessible on PC and a lot of PC gamers don't arbitrarily limit themselves to one service. Even if you hate Uplay or Origin, you probably use GOG for non-steam games. Plus, GOG isn't even really a service or "ecosystem" in the same way Steam, Origin, or Uplay are.

PC, I use Steam and GOG, Steam has the content and UI but GOG has the awesome no DRM policy and their content is really getting better and better as well. I'd say I spend at least 95% of my time gaming on PC.