By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGCHARTZ is GREAT!!

makingmusic476 said:
d21lewis said:
I've been gaming and online for years and years. I've read other forums, but this is the only one I'm a part of. VGChartz is home.

This site was already big. In the past couple of months, it's just gotten bigger and better. We were here on the ground floor. The best is yet to come.

I fear that as things get bigger and better, things will start to get out of hand, resulting in stricter mods (by necessity), and a userbase that isn't quite up to the levels that we're used to.

I'm afraid it may turn into a forum like every other forum. :|

That may happen, but the (relatively) large number of non-fanboys on this site will tend to stop that from happening. yeah, we all like one console better than the others, but threads like "ZOMG!!!!!! 360 iz teh s***!!!!11!!!1" are met with ridicule and those who bite are ridiculed as well. Unless we suddenly receive a mass influx of rabid fanboys, I don't see the status quo changing much. (I mean, why would you stay here if you always get ridiculed for fanboyism?The Gamepro forums LIVE on fanboyism, so they go there.) Heck, coming to this site has helped me tone down my fanboyism (look at some of my early posts to see what I mean.)

OT: I love this site and I like how you really get to know people. It's much different (and better) than other forums. 

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Around the Network
Retrasado said:
makingmusic476 said:
d21lewis said:
I've been gaming and online for years and years. I've read other forums, but this is the only one I'm a part of. VGChartz is home.

This site was already big. In the past couple of months, it's just gotten bigger and better. We were here on the ground floor. The best is yet to come.

I fear that as things get bigger and better, things will start to get out of hand, resulting in stricter mods (by necessity), and a userbase that isn't quite up to the levels that we're used to.

I'm afraid it may turn into a forum like every other forum. :|

That may happen, but the (relatively) large number of non-fanboys on this site will tend to stop that from happening. yeah, we all like one console better than the others, but threads like "ZOMG!!!!!! 360 iz teh s***!!!!11!!!1" are met with ridicule and those who bite are ridiculed as well. Unless we suddenly receive a mass influx of rabid fanboys, I don't see the status quo changing much. (I mean, why would you stay here if you always get ridiculed for fanboyism?The Gamepro forums LIVE on fanboyism, so they go there.) Heck, coming to this site has helped me tone down my fanboyism (look at some of my early posts to see what I mean.)

OT: I love this site and I like how you really get to know people. It's much different (and better) than other forums.

If someone wrote like that long enough I garuantee you they wouldn't last long. 

I love VGchartz to , but I have to say that I had the same ammount of fun on Gamespot unions back on 05 when the site was still on the OK side . Since then everyone knows what happened to GS , and since then ( even though this site is full of PSP haters :P ) this is the best that I could find . IMO the forums are still small and in development , but in a year or so it will reach its peek .

The question is what will happen than ...

PS : the Orangutan is an ape , not a monkey :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!