By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTX 1080 TI OnionBerry Giveaway!!

theprof00 said:
No I'm just here all the time. And I'm not about to wastey time going through post history.

There's a diff between a hiatus, and say, disappearing less than a day before a deadline she set.
Just put yourself in her shoes man,
You have an extra thing that you want to give to your community of online friends and make up a random contest idea, and then what.

Tell me, what would make you not come back

I can understand showing concern, but the thing is I don't believe any of us ever really talked to her enough/got close enough to her to make those deductions.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
No I'm just here all the time. And I'm not about to wastey time going through post history.

There's a diff between a hiatus, and say, disappearing less than a day before a deadline she set.
You have an extra thing that you want to give to your community of online friends and make up a random contest idea, and then what.

That you actually believed anyone would give away a brand new1080ti to some random total stranger on an internet forum, and actually seriously played into it, is more concerning to me.

ArchangelMadzz said:
theprof00 said:

You're not applying that law correctly. It doesn't factor in a now 17 day disappearance after posting everyday for 3 years

Quitting the website/taking a break is a far simpler answer than your theories. 

I mean it's possible that she simply decided to leave something she put almost three years of work into, friends she's talked to everyday, without saying a word. It's just requ ires an assumption of a huge break in character. This is why I don't think it's that simple of an explanation.

Hynad said:
theprof00 said:

That you actually believed anyone would give away a brand new1080ti to some random total stranger on an internet forum, and actually seriously played into it, is more concerning to me.

I've won bigger things, and given away similar to random people. Not a ti but I've given away computers, a 360, a Wii, like a dozen brand new 360 games. Most of these I got for free, and didn't want.

CGI-Quality said:
Snoopy said:
Pointless getting a gtx 1080 because the one x is about to come out and out perform it at a much cheaper price.

It isn't. And you really need to stop spreading false information and tying to stir up trouble.

I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble finds me.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Hynad said:

I've won bigger things, and given away similar to random people. Not a ti but I've given away computers, a 360, a Wii, like a dozen brand new 360 games. Most of these I got for free, and didn't want.

So um, would you mind sending me some games and a computer for free?

Snoopy said:
CGI-Quality said:

It isn't. And you really need to stop spreading false information and tying to stir up trouble.

I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble finds me.

It's just the way life in the VGC 'hood is!

Hey just last year I bought my vgc secret Santa the most expensive game on their wish list. It's really not that odd to be generous to people you don't know.

theprof00 said:
Hey just last year I bought my vgc secret Santa the most expensive game on their wish list. It's really not that odd to be generous to people you don't know.

VGC had a Secret Santa last year?

Two years ago me and my then gf at the time were out at 2am and ran into this drunk 20 something at the train who told us about his ex and being heartbroken. Turned out he was a Saudi prince. Pulled out a roll about 2 inches thick of hundred dollar bills and was like thank you for listening to my story, and gave us a couple hundred each.
We tried to refuse but he said he was going to rip them up. Said they were like toilet paper to him.