By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 31st Jul - 6th Aug 2017

Mnementh said:
Nautilus said:

Switch is still supply constrained, so people that want Splatoon 2 are jumping at every oportunity to get a Switch to play the ame, which makes the console keep selling a high number whenever there is units available to sell.DQ, on the other hand, launched on two systems that are already have a install base, so there is a good chance that the people that wanted that game already owned one of the two systems, making the hardware sales numbers be more front loaded and having "fewer legs".

Is the Switch still supply constraint? I'm missing info since the stock improved.

Well considering it's sold out and there's 5000 people lining up for a chance to buy a Switch. I'd say it's pretty supply constraint.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Nautilus said:

Switch is still supply constrained, so people that want Splatoon 2 are jumping at every oportunity to get a Switch to play the ame, which makes the console keep selling a high number whenever there is units available to sell.DQ, on the other hand, launched on two systems that are already have a install base, so there is a good chance that the people that wanted that game already owned one of the two systems, making the hardware sales numbers be more front loaded and having "fewer legs".

Is the Switch still supply constraint? I'm missing info since the stock improved.

Its still selling out, so I would say that yeah, its still supply constrained, just less than it was.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Ka-pi96 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Combined platform numbers:

Switch - 61,933
3DS - 60,889
PS4 - 52,939
Vita - 4,773
Wii U - 158
PS3 - 96
Xbox One - 90

Nice one Trucks! Really wish MC/Famitsu would do this themselves, it`s annoying seeing it all broken up and having to add them together to figure out total sales.

Famitsu does it. Look at past threads

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Fantastic sales for the PS4. Over 50k for the week. It's so far up YOY that it will surely beat the 1.8m PS4 did last year which would be it's best ever year and would mean the PS4 outsold PS3's peak 2 years in a row! I think it's time the PS4 got the praise it deserves. Keeping traditional home consoles on the map in Japan.

Now DQ11 second week. Over 500k retail and likely 50-100k digital. PS4 first shipment now gone and we are into it's second shipment. Fantastic second week and bodes well for legs. Again a big fuck you to all the MR Negatives over on gaf that doubted the series just because it was releasing on PS4. It has done good on both platforms.

Now with Digital this is likely past FF15 and PS4 now has a new champion. I have no doubt it will beat 1.5m easily with digital. Great performance and it bodes well for PS4's big exclusives in Japan, KH3 and MHW.

Crash with a very modest debut but gives it a little bump to it's already massive WW sales.

Next up in Japan is everybody's gold and uncharted lost legacy? Then it's trials of the cold steel, gran turismo and the likes of fifa/PES? Hopefully PS4 keeps selling up YOY for the next while.

VGPolyglot said:
outlawauron said:

Well, what'd you expect? PS4 went from ~90k to ~50k. Not something worth praising, but I don't think it's bad.

I said what I expected That it'd be higher than Switch.

That isn't a number. Switch > PS4 alone doesn't mean good or bad for either console.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
VGPolyglot said:

I said what I expected That it'd be higher than Switch.

That isn't a number. Switch > PS4 alone doesn't mean good or bad for either console.

But I didn't propose a number, or say which was bad. I merely said I thought the PS4 would be higher than the Switch.

I want
Splatoon 1,250k by year end
Arms 300k by year end
Mario Kart Deluxe 850k by year end
Zelda 750k by year end
Mario Odyssey 850k by year end

and Switch 850k extra by year end

Switch!!!

~62k Switch's and ~53k PS4 is a good week for hardware.

outlawauron said:
I don't know if my expectations were just low, but 500k+ second week for DQ11 is really good.

Its gotta be over 3m alone in Japan by now (when you factor in digital).

DQ11 seems to be doing really well.

how many switch's have been sold in japan to date?