By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, could a Zelda x Souls crossover work?

So, Zelda Souls?

Yes! 36 46.75%

No... 31 40.26%

Random Tingle option 10 12.99%

Total:77

So, what do you think?

A Zelda crossover game similar to the Souls series, specially Bloodborne, it is something I'd like to see. Of course, as an spin-off or subseries, not as a mainline one.

They can use a mix of TP and Bloodborne/Dark Souls artstyle. We can have the fake blood as in BotW and I believe nobody would mind this.

The maps will be as complex and intricated as the From Software series. The setting, a dark one, is pretty easy to justify: the Dark Realm. We are going to be in the Dark Realm, a twisted Sacred Realm version created by a powerful demon (new enemy) whom was able to obtain the Triforce from the Royal Family of Hyrule.

So, what do you think? Would you like to see?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Bloodborne really thrived on its rather specific gameplay and it's lovecraft world with horrifying enemies and the near perfect atmosphere and music. So unless you want a really horrifying Zelda I guess not the best combo. Way more intresting for Metroid Prime.

As for Dark Souls which is closer to Zelda maybe. Building your silent protagonist the same way as a Dark Souls character and making gameplay really unforgiving might work. But the enemies should be less horrifying and it needs more exploration than any Dark.Souls game. I think a Souls like temple/dungeon would be best. Should be the hardest and darkest dungeon of the game with unique enemies which doesn't make use of any gimmicks and finishing this dungeon is only possible by being good with a sword and shield.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I'd love it however are to talking about a traditional Zelda style game which is more story focused or a BOTW style?

If we had a Zelda/Souls in the BOTW it would be epic. It would truly be a survival game where each fight with those damn Ninja's actually could be life or death-like it was at first until I got used to their crap.

I think the idea is sound, but I personally preferred if it was a new IP.Take the strenghts of BOTW, and give creative freedom for the story and settings for the game.Would be more interested that way.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

god damnit. I love Dark souls but the one negative of it's blow up success is having every game and it's mother and children be compared to Dark Souls.

Anyways, eh. BOTW is already kind of Dark Souls-ish with it's combat. All I really want in the next Zelda game is more specific locations with more filled areas. A fortress designed like a Souls area would be cool. Maybe the level design of Souls is the best way to make an Open world Zelda? Since the game is still technically linear from a story standpoint?

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
god damnit. I love Dark souls but the one negative of it's blow up success is having every game and it's mother and children be compared to Dark Souls.

Anyways, eh. BOTW is already kind of Dark Souls-ish with it's combat. All I really want in the next Zelda game is more specific locations with more filled areas. A fortress designed like a Souls area would be cool. Maybe the level design of Souls is the best way to make an Open world Zelda? Since the game is still technically linear from a story standpoint?

It would be an spin-off focused on dungeons. BotW would be the format for the mainline series. I think everyone would be happy.

Qwark said:
Bloodborne really thrived on its rather specific gameplay and it's lovecraft world with horrifying enemies and the near perfect atmosphere and music. So unless you want a really horrifying Zelda I guess not the best combo. Way more intresting for Metroid Prime.

As for Dark Souls which is closer to Zelda maybe. Building your silent protagonist the same way as a Dark Souls character and making gameplay really unforgiving might work. But the enemies should be less horrifying and it needs more exploration than any Dark.Souls game. I think a Souls like temple/dungeon would be best. Should be the hardest and darkest dungeon of the game with unique enemies which doesn't make use of any gimmicks and finishing this dungeon is only possible by being good with a sword and shield.

Yes! It would be horrifying because it would be the most dangerous and twisted version of the Sacred Realm. Not as dark as Bloodborne but a little more than Dark Souls.

And then the game comes out, is super hard, and every journalist calls it the Dark Souls of Zelda.

In all seriousness, it'd be cool, I love Dark Souls, and BOTW specifically is one of my fav games of all time, so it'd be an amazing combo.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Pavolink said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

It would be an spin-off focused on dungeons. BotW would be the format for the mainline series. I think everyone would be happy.

Why though? Sounds more like a fanfic than a well thought out product. We don't need another Dark souls, we have 5 souls games.

I think I'd rather just see a mainline Zelda game with a world like DS1. 

Link and company would have to get real goddamn gritty on a dime. It's an interesting idea nonetheless

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian