By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So, LTTP: PlayStation 4 (TLoU, Uncharted, Bloodborne)

RidingMower said:
Just started back up with Bloodborne a couple of days ago even though I bought it at the time of this games release and
Wow! I've learned more today than I ever had with having this game this entire time.

With the lack of hand holding. This being my first Souls game. I've been playing this all wrong. It's not a bad User Interface, because it works really well for navigating it fast. Just I finally figured out how to properly exit the game while playing. Otherwise I was exiting by using consoles home screen and quitting the App. from there.

Turns out I was supposed to
-press "options"
-click right on D-pad twice
-press "x" to enter the menu
-go to Title Screen, which will also automatically save the game

I also just found out how to run. It is all about holding the "circle" button down. Crazy I've been tanking this whole time casually walking up to enemies.

I also just learned that pressing the L1 shoulder button extends the weapon (as well as shortens it).

So with all that I learned today. The game got a whole lot more bearable! Finally was able to run past a bunch of enemies to unlock the shortcut to the Cleric Beast. Been able to knock 1/10 of his health bar down a couple times but I'll have to farm a few more times before trying again.

I've got a lot respect for anyone that beats these kinds of games. Such aggravation!

You can level up now invest some points in stamina it really pays off. Also read the item descriptions and use items it makes the game a lot more managable. Fire is really useful against beast and electricity /arcane against everything else. I would advise skill as your main weapon stat because skill based weapons are just way more fun, although strength has some badass weapons too. Leave bloodtinge for what it is or a second playtrough and beating those beast will become managable even if you don't have cat like reflexes or superior timing.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Versus_Evil said:

Holding the home button and hitting power is a puzzle? Never ever go near rubix cubes.

Tbf I couldnt distinguish the physical eject and power button till after I owned one for 4 years...

Qwark said:
Areym said:
I never felt bloodborne to be grindy. If anything, I started over cause last time I played it and stopped halfway through and i feel like i'm flying through it (granted, I think i'm a bit over-leveled since i've beaten a few bosses on my first attempt) As I naturally fight my way through an area, I just gain a bunch of souls and level up. All those games are great in their own right.

Depends some bosses like the Witch of Hamwick and a few others are really easy. While the first two fights can be a real pain in the ass. I one shorted the cleric beast using molotovs and a shit ton of luck. But the next one (don't want to spoil anything) really was a true pain in the ass. Timing is key in this series and playing aggressive while knowing what you are doing pays off. I loved all my three playtroughs I even have the platinum trophy.

Oh no worries about spoilers, on the year it came out, I got about 50%-55% through the game. I don't know while I just suddenly stopped playing. IF you're talking about father G, he's a real B but that's one of the bosses i took down on my first try, along with the 3 on 1 fight in the woods and the blood starving beast (which soundly beat me tens of times on my first play) The witch was annoying if anything.

My favorite thing about bloodborne is the mythos/lore. The whole concept and story behind it is so unnerving and macabre, I love it. It feels like a giant love letter to a specific author.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Areym said:
Qwark said:

Depends some bosses like the Witch of Hamwick and a few others are really easy. While the first two fights can be a real pain in the ass. I one shorted the cleric beast using molotovs and a shit ton of luck. But the next one (don't want to spoil anything) really was a true pain in the ass. Timing is key in this series and playing aggressive while knowing what you are doing pays off. I loved all my three playtroughs I even have the platinum trophy.

Oh no worries about spoilers, on the year it came out, I got about 50%-55% through the game. I don't know while I just suddenly stopped playing. IF you're talking about father G, he's a real B but that's one of the bosses i took down on my first try, along with the 3 on 1 fight in the woods and the blood starving beast (which soundly beat me tens of times on my first play) The witch was annoying if anything.

My favorite thing about bloodborne is the mythos/lore. The whole concept and story behind it is so unnerving and macabre, I love it. It feels like a giant love letter to a specific author.

In my final playtrough I one shotted nearly every regular boss. But I tought father G and especially his final form and the bloodstarving beast where annoying. A few hidden bosses are also a pain especially Martyr. The lore and the atmosphere are really great. You also have a hunter where you fight Amelia which is also a true pain in the butt. It shows you how useful bloodtinge can be and after beating that shit face you get the blades of mercy. Which are a total blessing for an arkane and skill build.

The real horror begins in the later chalice dungeons though. That's where bloodborne really gets tough, although the dungeons are a chore the boss fights are great. Oh and I hate every fucking spider in this game. They are true spawns of hell and powerful as fuck.

Ka-pi96 said:
Pavolink said:

My only complains are the terrible UI (to turn off the console is a complicated puzzle) and the controllers (battery is a joke).

Try the on/off button on the front of the console maybe?

Totally agree about the batteries though, they really suck!

It went to sleep mode (I think it is called like that?) when I pressed the on button. The yellow light was there forever and disconected in from the light source.

Next time I had a message that I turn off wrongly and data could damage if I continue with the same process. Had to google how to turn of the console.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Versus_Evil said:

Holding the home button and hitting power is a puzzle? Never ever go near rubix cubes.

Holding the home button to turn off a console is by no means in this universe an intuitive way.

Pavolink said:
Versus_Evil said:

Holding the home button to turn off a console is by no means in this universe an intuitive way.

Depends it was the same on PS3 and I believe you can also turn off the X360 using the home button. But as other users said you can also use th he button on the console. Which is cleverly hidden away.

Ka-pi96 said:
Pavolink said:

It went to sleep mode (I think it is called like that?) when I pressed the on button. The yellow light was there forever and disconected in from the light source.

Next time I had a message that I turn off wrongly and data could damage if I continue with the same process. Had to google how to turn of the console.

Oh, right. I chose not to allow sleep mode when setting up my console the first time so that`s not an issue for me

And as for holding the home button... it works that way on PS3 as well. Pretty sure X360 & X One too. So it`s at least somewhat intuitive

Qwark said:
Pavolink said:

Depends it was the same on PS3 and I believe you can also turn off the X360 using the home button. But as other users said you can also use th he button on the console. Which is cleverly hidden away.

I don't have those consoles. But if that was how it worked then fine. Now I get it. So yeah.

I think the issue you're having with powering off the console is you're trying to turn the whole thing off, when the PS4 wants to go into rest mode so that it can update in the background and keep whatever you had running suspended.

I don't recommend powering down all the way, so stick with Rest Mode. If you have a neurotic need to power down, that's fine, but it's nice to get a message that your game updated while you were sleeping rather than turn it on to a message stating you need to update.

Also, lemme know if you want help on Bloodborne. I'm always looking for an excuse to play it rather than Trophy hunt other games.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
I think the issue you're having with powering off the console is you're trying to turn the whole thing off, when the PS4 wants to go into rest mode so that it can update in the background and keep whatever you had running suspended.

I don't recommend powering down all the way, so stick with Rest Mode. If you have a neurotic need to power down, that's fine, but it's nice to get a message that your game updated while you were sleeping rather than turn it on to a message stating you need to update.

Also, lemme know if you want help on Bloodborne. I'm always looking for an excuse to play it rather than Trophy hunt other games.

Help me with Bloodborne! I love it but sucks hard at it. Yesterday I had a long session killing "hard" monsters to me like those giant brutes, but died at easy beasts.