By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. August bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

ThisGuyFooks said:
Are we going to compare the sales of PS4 PRO vs Xbox One X, and PS4 vs Xbox One S?

Or PS4 vs Xbox One?

I just want to know what is going to be the narrative around these parts so there are no misunderstandings.

Why not both? PS4 and Xbox sales as a whole and also compare the mid gen consoles.

Around the Network

Scorpio edition got two hours worth of stock, so it went back up to number one. Will be interesting to see if it was a decent chunk of stock or just a remainder of cancellations and what not. 

Ariakon said:

Scorpio edition got two hours worth of stock, so it went back up to number one. Will be interesting to see if it was a decent chunk of stock or just a remainder of cancellations and what not. 

Didnt expect that. MS said they wouldnt make more of the Scorpio edition at Gamescom.

jason1637 said:
Ariakon said:

Didnt expect that. MS said they wouldnt make more of the Scorpio edition at Gamescom.

It's like when Arnold is holding you off a cliff by the foot...don't believe him! He's actually killing you next!

MHXX digital above physical... interesting

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Around the Network
Ariakon said:
Pionner said:
Now Amazon is VERY reliable to neogaf. lol.

Everything is open fuel for console wars. Let the over (and down) playing of Amazon information begin!

Yeah it's amazing and very hypercritical. All this time when Amazon was used to predict what was selling more, gaf was "lol Amazon really?"-Now a terribly flawed Windows Central article comes out claiming some nonsense jumping the gun about XB1X sales compared to Pro and it's become the most accurate thing ever.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

NO! KH finally left the monthly charts. It's over. :(

Pionner said:
Ariakon said:

Everything is open fuel for console wars. Let the over (and down) playing of Amazon information begin!

Yeah it's amazing and very hypercritical. All this time when Amazon was used to predict what was selling more, gaf was "lol Amazon really?"-Now a terribly flawed Windows Central article comes out claiming some nonsense jumping the gun about XB1X sales compared to Pro and it's become the most accurate thing ever.

The thing about the Pro was that it was out of stock for frequently early this year. I had trouble finding one at MSRP and could only find third party sellers who would try to sell them for like $450. I got extremely lucky when I stumbled upon a good deal from Newegg's eBay storefront. This isn't to say the XB1X preorder numbers are bad, but it's not a good idea to make judgement based on its relative position to the Pro on Amazon.

Aura7541 said:
Pionner said:

The thing about the Pro was that it was out of stock for frequently early this year. I had trouble finding one at MSRP and could only find third party sellers who would try to sell them for like $450. I got extremely lucky when I stumbled upon a good deal from Newegg's eBay storefront. This isn't to say the XB1X preorder numbers are bad, but it's not a good idea to make judgement based on its relative position to the Pro on Amazon.

Considering the pro is always hovering around the 55-65 mark or so in the hourlies, that's probably about where it would be for the yearlies if it hadn't been out of stock so often, maybe a little higher, maybe a little lower, to adjust for fluctuating products. There certainly is a bigger early audience for the X than I expected, however, I do think it's going to have a higher launch than Pro, though it seems that initially that might come at the expense of the One S. I just can't tell yet whether the early crowd are all hardcore Xbox faithful and powermongers (not in a bad way, mind you) or if there actually any spillover into the much larger gamer community who tend to buy based on price. 

24+ hours since the last update

HARDWARE:
#1 XB1X Scorpio Edition (up 1)*
#25 PS4 Uncharted 4 (down 2)
#30 3DS XL Samus Edition (up 3)*
#34 NS Grey (down 8)
#39 NS Neon (down 10)
#66 PS4 Pro (down 5)
#73 XB1s (down 8)
#83 NES classic (down 41)
#85 PS4 1TB (up 7)
#94 N2DS Black + Turquoise (down 9)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)
#2 PS4 Call of Duty: WWII (up 2)*
#7 NS Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (up 3)*
#13 XB1 Call of Duty: WWII (up 5)*
#16 NS Super Mario Oddysey (down 2)*
#17 PS4 Yakuza 6 Premium Edition (down 6)*
#20 PS4 Destiny 2 (up 11)*
#22 PS4 Call of Duty WWII Digital code (up 25)*
#23 3DS Metroid: Samus Returns (up 9)*
#27 PS4 Yakuza Kiwami Steelbook Edition (up 10)*
#31 PS4 Dragon Ball FighterZ Collectorz Edition (down 22)*
#32 XB1 Destiny 2 (up 4)*
#36 PS4 Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Steelbook Brawler Edition (up 4)*
#45 PS4 Call of Duty WWII Digital Deluxe (up 35)*
#53 PC Destiny 2 (up 28)*
#55 3DS Pokémon Ultra Soon + Ultra Moon Steelbook  (down 2)*
#61 PS4 The Crew 2 Gold Edition (down 44)*
#64 NS Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack (down 21)*
#65 NS Pokken Tournament Dx (up 5)
#74 PS4 Biomutant Collector's Edition (up 19)*
#87 XB1 Dragon Ball FighterZ Collectorz Edition (down 28)*
#91 PS4 .Hack//G.U. Last Recode (down 25)*
#99 PS4 Everybody's Golf (new entry)
#100 XB1 The Crew 2 Gold Edition (down 70)*

Does not affect this month: *

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 1 in the top 5
NIS: 2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
2DS/3DS: 2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NES: 1 in the top 100 / 0 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5