By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2017: Philadelphia Eagles Win Super Bowl LII

Who will win Super Bowl LII?

New England Patriots 7 31.82%

Pittsburgh Steelers 1 4.55%

Jacksonville Jaguars 3 13.64%

Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%

Philadelphia Eagles 5 22.73%

Minnesota Vikings 3 13.64%

Los Angeles Rams 0 0%

New Orleans Saints 0 0%

Other 1 4.55%

Scoreboard 2 9.09%

Total:22

Jesus the Eagles got Ajayi for a 4th rounder? I call shenanigans

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Angelus said:
Jesus the Eagles got Ajayi for a 4th rounder? I call shenanigans

What? Miami has not much offense to begin with and they trade away Ajayi?

You are joking, right?

I wish.....

Eagles winning the SB if healthy confirmed

RolStoppable said:
BUF-NYJ 1
IND-HOU 2 CIN-JAX 2 TB-NO 2
LAR-NYG 1 ATL-CAR 1 DEN-PHI 2 BAL-TEN 2
ARI-SF 1 WAS-SEA 2 KC-DAL 1 OAK-MIA 1
BYE   BYE   BYE   DET-GB DET by 3

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

BTW, as a New England fan, I think it's only right that we all spell Garoppolo's name right. He is too valuable for such besmirchments!

I hope that he takes off in San Fran, but from what I heard he has been wanting a trade for awhile now, which makes me want to root against his success. It's a difficult balance.

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

RolStoppable said:
BUF-NYJ 2
IND-HOU 2 CIN-JAX 2 TB-NO 2
LAR-NYG 1 ATL-CAR 2 DEN-PHI 2 BAL-TEN 1
ARI-SF 1 WAS-SEA 2 KC-DAL 1 OAK-MIA 1
BYE   BYE   BYE   DET-GB 1 by 7

Around the Network

Fantasy Llama: Week 8

And there they are. The upsets which were so conspicuously absent for the past few weeks showed up in full force; every single team with a better record or playoff standing than their opponent lost. Mike321 and Blowover King kept themselves in the playoff race with surprise wins, while those at the top of the standings (including every single one of the top four teams) lost. So with all that established, let's welcome the return of a long lost category...

Biggest Upset: Alpha Males 108.74, Arch 69.60

In a week full of upsets, none was bigger than a 2-5 team taking down a 6-1 Hoshido Division co-leader. Solid performances by Carson Wentz (17 points), Will Fuller (25), and Kai Forbath (15), along with a terrible game from Arch's QB, Jameis Winston, had this fantasy matchup decided before the Chiefs' D took the field and ran up the score by another 20 points. Angelus' decision to bench Deshaun Watson (33 points) in favor of Winston looks pretty bad in hindsight, but it wouldn't have won the game for him, as he only had one starting player reach double digits (Mark Ingram).

Closest Game: SCAB 80.86, Lousy Pack 73.78

Rol is now officially out of excuses after his last good luck charm went up in smoke this week, and now must fully face the reality that his team has been cursed by his terrible opinions regarding Metroid. Despite continuing to start Phillip Dorsett (who has scored a grand total of 9 points this season), SCAB snapped a five game losing streak thanks to a strong game from LeSean McCoy (23 points) and no one but Dorsett performing absolutely terribly. Meanwhile, Rol was let down by basically everyone but his kicker and tight end. 

Most Impactful Game Not Mentioned Above: Dongo's Gridiron Gamers 86.28, The Longest Foot 72.62

A matchup of teams entering at 4-3 ended up with one team keeping themselves in the playoff picture and knocking the other team out. Dongo didn't get an amazing performance from anyone; his highest scorer was Josh McCown (18 points), but that was still enough to take advantage of some really bad games by Seth's starters. Chris Hyde (5 points) and T.Y. Hilton (2 points) continue to struggle, and OJ Howard only contributed 2 points at the TE position. Despite having a point differential of -19, Dongo is 5-3 and currently leads the Nohr Division.

The Rest:

Nohrian Scum 83.58, Arminillo 73.82

The Loins 123.92, HanginwithHernandez 91.86

NobleTeam360 (formerly Doomfist) 105.76, ItErtzwhenEifert 69.08

Playoff Picture:

#1: ItErtzWhenEifert (6-2, Hoshido Division Leader)

#2: Dongo's Gridiron Gamers (5-3, Nohr Division Leader)

#3: Arch (6-2)

#4: Nohrian Scum (5-3)

#5: Arminillo (4-4)

#6: NobleTeam360 (4-4)

In the Hunt: The Longest Foot (4-4), The Loins (3-5), Alpha Males (3-5), Lousy Pack (3-5), HanginwithHernandez (3-5)

Tiebreaker Explanation:

-ItErtzWhenEifert is the Hoshido Division Leader and #1 seed due to head to head record (1-0) against Arch

-Arminillo is the #5 seed due to best record against teams with the same record (2-0), compared to Noble (0-1) and Foot (0-1)

-Noble is the #6 seed due to having scored more points this season (698) than Foot (670)

Despite all of the upsets, the playoff field itself hasn't changed much: there's only one "new" team this week (Noble moves back into the field, replacing Foot). This is based on a preliminary tiebreaker as well, the two teams play in Week 11, so don't take being out currently as a particularly bad sign for Seth.

The major changes happened towards the bottom of the standings, and as a result of this week's chaos, 11 of the 12 teams in the league are now either currently in the playoff picture or within a game of being so. On the surface, this seems like everybody except SCAB has at least a small margin of error if they still hope to make the playoffs, but the reality is that with so many teams now vying for one of the final playoff spots, teams on the edge can't lose without falling behind at least a couple of teams. When you're competing with five or so teams for a playoff spot, you can't expect all of them to slip up and give you a break if you lose.

Case in point: Arguably the most important game this week is The Loins vs. Lousy Pack. Either Blowover King's or Rol's season will be all but over; the loser drops to 3-6 and will likely be two games behind 6th place, along with being a game + tiebreaker behind this matchup's winner and having at least one other unfavorable tiebreaker against teams currently 4-4 or 3-5 (Rol has lost to Mike, while King has lost to Foot and Arminillo). Trying to make up two games plus tiebreakers with only four left is not impossible, but certainly not likely. Meanwhile, thw inner moves within a game of .500 and could actually move into the playoff field if virtually everything goes their way. Don't count on that, though. At the moment, Rol has 5 players on bye while King has 2.

After two straight losses, Arminillo has been knocked from his spot atop the Nohr Division and is in danger of falling out of his playoff spot with a loss. So, of course, things don't get any easier with the best record in the league and current #1 seed, Ludicrous, up next. Jay Ajayi's sudden trade to Philadelphia could play an immediate impact as he was one of Ludicrous' starting RBs, so this will be an interesting game to track. 

Speaking of division leaders, the new Nohr Division leader, Dongo, will be taking on Arch. This will be the second time in three weeks that Angelus will be playing the Nohr Division leader, and presumably Dongo won't conveniently forget to start an RB this time that would have otherwise won the game. Dongo has a tough task ahead of him, however; four of his current starters are on bye, including arguably his best player, Rob Gronkowski, while none of Angelus' current starters are on bye.

After a surprise loss to BlowoverKing, Hernandez pretty much has to win this week against The Longest Foot to stay alive in the playoff race. Seth will be without Tom Brady and the Pittsburgh defense, while Hangin' will be without Jerrick McKinnon. A loss wouldn't be as devastating for Seth, but it would prevent him from moving back into the playoff picture and would essentially force him into must win mode from here on out.

Another team that has to keep winning is AlphaMales, who plays Nohrian Scum this week. After surviving Todd Gurley being on bye last week, I have to make do without Le'Veon Bell, while Mike will be missing a kicker and TE. A win would be a major step towards clinching a playoff spot for me, while Mike essentially has to win if he wants to keep his season going. 

The last game is Noble against SCAB, and I'd usually say this amounts to a free win, but after an 80 point performance last week, I guess that's no longer the case. SCAB does have four players on bye, but has at least decent replacements for each one already on his roster. Noble can move to 5-4 and keep himself in the playoff field with a win, while a win for SCAB would be his first winning streak of the year and keep his very faint playoff hopes alive. A loss would guarantee a below .500 finish, and given how unfavorable tiebreakers are for him, he'd be all but mathematically eliminated.

MTZehvor said:   

Speaking of division leaders, the new Nohr Division leader, Dongo, will be taking on Arch. This will be the second time in three weeks that Angelus will be playing the Nohr Division leader, and presumably Dongo won't conveniently forget to start an RB this time that would have otherwise won the game. Dongo has a tough task ahead of him, however; four of his current starters are on bye, including arguably his best player, Rob Gronkowski, while none of Angelus' current starters are on bye.

I mean, sure....but that's only cus I already swapped Antonio out

BUF-NYJ 1 IND-HOU 2 CIN-JAX 2 TB-NO 2
LAR-NYG 1 ATL-CAR 1 DEN-PHI 2 BAL-TEN 2
ARI-SF 2 WAS-SEA 2 KC-DAL 1 OAK-MIA 1
BYE   BYE   BYE   DET-GB DET by 7

Angelus said:
MTZehvor said:   

Good. You saved yourself the 500 point penalty for starting the guy who stars in those stupid Pepsi touchdown celebration commercials.

MTZehvor said:
Angelus said:

Good. You saved yourself the 500 point penalty for starting the guy who stars in those stupid Pepsi touchdown celebration commercials.

Can't say I've ever seen any of them here. Poor taste though, clearly. Coke all the way