By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2017: Philadelphia Eagles Win Super Bowl LII

Who will win Super Bowl LII?

New England Patriots 7 31.82%

Pittsburgh Steelers 1 4.55%

Jacksonville Jaguars 3 13.64%

Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%

Philadelphia Eagles 5 22.73%

Minnesota Vikings 3 13.64%

Los Angeles Rams 0 0%

New Orleans Saints 0 0%

Other 1 4.55%

Scoreboard 2 9.09%

Total:22

Chiefs by 10

Around the Network

NE-TB 1
NYJ-CLE 1 CAR-DET 2 SF-IND 1
TEN-MIA 1 BUF-CIN 2 LAC-NYG 2 JAX-PIT 2
ARI-PHI 1 SEA-LAR 1 BAL-OAK 1 GB-DAL 1
KC-HOU 1 BYE   BYE   MIN-CHI 1 by 3

Dammit, I knew death would catch up with me one day.

RolStoppable said:
NE-TB 1
NYJ-CLE 1 CAR-DET 1 SF-IND 2
TEN-MIA 1 BUF-CIN 2
LAC-NYG 1 JAX-PIT 2
ARI-PHI 2 SEA-LAR 1 BAL-OAK 2 GB-DAL 2
KC-HOU 2 BYE   BYE   MIN-CHI MIN by 6

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

dongo8 said:
RolStoppable said:
NE-TB 1
NYJ-CLE 1 CAR-DET 1 SF-IND 2
TEN-MIA 2 BUF-CIN 2
LAC-NYG 1 JAX-PIT 2
ARI-PHI 2 SEA-LAR 1 BAL-OAK 2 GB-DAL 2
KC-HOU 2 BYE   BYE   MIN-CHI MIN by 6

Changing this. That TEN team is too unpredictable and Mariota may be out.

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

Around the Network

FANTASY WRAP UP: WEEK 4

Another week of not particularly close games brought even more parity to the league; 8 out of 12 teams are 2-2. All teams are very much in contention for a playoff berth through four weeks. Some significant injuries (Derek Carr, Jordan Matthews, possibly Julio Jones) are about to make things interesting for some of the league's teams. This upcoming week will be the last week of divisional play for a while; after this week, everyone should have played every other team in their division once, and the next six weeks will consist of playing every team in the opposite division (this will take us through Week 11). For anyone who is not aware of this, the final two weeks of our regular season (Week 12 & 13) will consist of playing the teams directly above and below you in your division as of Week 11. So the current schedule, listed online, is wrong.

One thing that will not appear online is the league's second tiebreaker method. Ties are broken between teams based on head to head record, but in the case of teams holding a 1-1 record against each other (or, if there is somehow a tie between teams that play each other only once), the second tiebreaker is most points scored throughout the entire season.

With that in mind, let's get into the games from the past week.

Closest Game: Arch 85.22, The Longest Foot 72.08

Both #1 RBs, Melvin Gordon and Chris Thompson, were absolute no shows, putting up less than 3 points combined. In fact, Tom Brady was just about the only player that played well for Seth, although both Charles Clay and the Lions Defense turned in reasonable performances. It was no match for Deshaun Watson's surprise 33 point performance and another 13 from Keenan Allen, which wound up being the highlights in a game full of underperforming stars.

Biggest Blowout: Nohrian Scum 128.20, Super Club of Athletic Buddies 75.48

Nice to finally be on the positive side of one of these. Todd Gurley continues to be my smartest pick of the draft, with now four straight 20+ point performances, and Le'Veon Bell and Russell Wilson both contributed 25+ points, hopefully indicating that they will be back to their normal selves from last season. Somehow, I was stupid enough to start Sammy Watkins despite being 100% sure that last week was just a fluke, but it didn't matter much as SCAB fall apart completely. Matt Ryan, James White, and Pierre Garcon all turned in disappointing performances, and SCAB has now lost three straight after a 1-0 start.

Biggest Upset: N/A

Ha, not this week. The NFL season might be getting crazier, but the fantasy season seems to be trending back towards normality (for one week, anyway). Every team that was projected to win as of Saturday did so, and while more than a few big name fantasy players turned in less than amazing games, it didn't appear to affect the outcome of many games; only one game was decided by less than 20 points.

Rest of the League:

Dongos Gridiron Gamers: 107.34, Lousy Pack 85.76

AlphaMales: 84.64, HanginwithHernandez 69.92

Arminillo 109.50, Doomfist 86.88

It Ertz When Eifert 91.62, The Loins 66.26

Week 5 Standings

NE-TB 1
NYJ-CLE 1 CAR-DET 2 SF-IND 2
TEN-MIA 2 BUF-CIN 2 LAC-NYG 1 JAX-PIT 2
ARI-PHI 2 SEA-LAR 2 BAL-OAK 2 GB-DAL 1
KC-HOU 2 BYE   BYE   MIN-CHI 1 by 10

Poor Raiders. Carr ou 2-6 weeks. I would be annoyed by his injury but my trade with Arch was mainly for Melvin Gordon and Keenan Allen.

NobleTeam360 said:
Poor Raiders. Carr ou 2-6 weeks. I would be annoyed by his injury but my trade with Arch was mainly for Melvin Gordon and Keenan Allen.

Too bad Cam doesn't get to play the Patriots every week huh?

MTZehvor said:   

Closest Game: Arch 85.22, The Longest Foot 72.08

Both #1 RBs, Melvin Gordon and Chris Thompson, were absolute no shows, putting up less than 3 points combined. In fact, Tom Brady was just about the only player that played well for Seth, although both Charles Clay and the Lions Defense turned in reasonable performances. It was no match for Deshaun Watson's surprise 33 point performance and another 13 from Keenan Allen, which wound up being the highlights in a game full of underperforming stars.

Get your facts straight man, they put up a whopping 3.6!