By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2017: Philadelphia Eagles Win Super Bowl LII

Who will win Super Bowl LII?

New England Patriots 7 31.82%

Pittsburgh Steelers 1 4.55%

Jacksonville Jaguars 3 13.64%

Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%

Philadelphia Eagles 5 22.73%

Minnesota Vikings 3 13.64%

Los Angeles Rams 0 0%

New Orleans Saints 0 0%

Other 1 4.55%

Scoreboard 2 9.09%

Total:22

Really liking the potential of this trade the Seahawks made for Sheldon Richardson. Our D line was already really nice. This should put it over the top

Around the Network
superchunk said:
sethnintendo said:

Damn I gotta study up on the younger players.  Trubisky sounds foreign to me.  aka I don't know who the fuck he is.

He's the #2 draft pick that the bears traded up to get. (they had the #3 draft spot)

They should have gotten Mahomes!  I graduated from Tech myself.

My dumbass drafted some players with season ending injuries. Quickly shed them and added whoever I could pick up.

RolStoppable said:

Who is who in our fantasy league?

Nohrian Scum - MTZehvor
Lousy Pack - Rol
Arch - Angelus
Doomfist - The Easter Bunny
The Longest Foot - sethnintendo
Arminillo - Arminillo
The Loins - BlowoverKing
AlphaMales - Mike321
Super Club of Athletic Buddies - ???
Dongos Gridiron Gamers - dongo8
It Ertz When Eifert - LudicrousSpeed
HanginwithHernandez - ???

EDIT: I really want to know who the team 9 scumbag is. I already had to reject a trade: Eli Manning for Aaron Rodgers. Team 9 should be banned from the league because of this unsportsmanlike conduct.

Classic

Edit: Lets all propose him a totally legit trade in return

RolStoppable said:
Angelus said:

Classic

I guess nobody knows who that guy is. He signed up for the league out of the blue when MTZehvor added two spots for dongo8 and LudicrousSpeed. The guy never posted here to explain himself.

I'm just shocked you didn't wanna trade your #1 overall pick for pick #154

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Angelus said:

I'm just shocked you didn't wanna trade your #1 overall pick for pick #154

Well, Arkaign didn't want to trade Todd Gurley either. Granted, nobody wanted Gurley.

Anyway, here's my draft summary:

GAMBLING EARLY, LOUSY PACK FIGURES TO BE A LEGIT TITLE CONTENDER

• Draft GradeB+
  • Proj Record11-2
  • Proj Finish3

DRAFT SUMMARY

Along with a solid spot in the draft, Lousy Pack had an outstanding performance. They focused on balance early, picking up a quarterback, running back, wide receiver, and tight end in their first four picks. By draft's end, Lousy Pack landed the highest-scoring pair of tight ends in the league.

• Lousy Pack may have been drafting with their heart rather than their head. They picked three Green Bay Packers earlier than their ADPs suggest.
  • Lousy Pack might be interested in shopping a WR to upgrade in other areas. Their fourth-ranked WR, Chris Hogan, is projected to be better than the league average at his position.
  • According to ADP, it was a bit of a reach selecting Chris Hogan in the 10th round (120th overall pick versus an ADP of 145.0 across all NFL.com leagues).

Chances to make playoffs: 78.1%
Chances to make championship: 20.2%
Chances to win championship: 9.8%

That's all notably better than last year. The top three suggestions I got for trades are three defenses. Ironic, because the Cardinals defense I have is the one the system picked for me because I couldn't decide on a WR in time.

EDIT: It's unsettling that I am projected to have an 11-2 record, but apparently will only finish in third place. If at least three teams in our league are projected to finish 11-2 or better, then we must have a bunch of crappy fantasy teams based on the draft results.

You gotta keep in mind that these projections are coming from the site that just told you that Tyrell Williams will score 0 fantasy points this year

RolStoppable said:
Angelus said:

You gotta keep in mind that these projections are coming from the site that just told you that Tyrell Williams will score 0 fantasy points this year

Sure, but the site isn't going to be way off. Of course team adjustments during the season can change the outcome dramatically, so the draft recap merely tells people whether they have a good foundation or not. I certainly don't believe that this fantasy season is going to be a walk in the park like the 11-2 projection suggests. I am one of only two people who will have to play twice against the Easter Bunny, and you know that this bunny takes fantasy football serious.

His team doesn't look that good this year tbh. If Gronk goes down, as he tends to do, he's instantly in a lot of trouble, because outside of Antonio Brown, he doesn't really have any solid #1 production type guys. Unless Brandon Marshall and Gore can find a time machine somewhere.

I missed the first 3rounds... damn

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

It took every fiber of my being to not draft even more Lions players. Overall though I'm pretty happy with how my team ended up.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Where do you see your grade at?

Also, I can't find them anywhere on the app, what are the scoring settings for DEF and K? Mine are projected for 2 points each.