By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2017: Philadelphia Eagles Win Super Bowl LII

Who will win Super Bowl LII?

New England Patriots 7 31.82%

Pittsburgh Steelers 1 4.55%

Jacksonville Jaguars 3 13.64%

Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%

Philadelphia Eagles 5 22.73%

Minnesota Vikings 3 13.64%

Los Angeles Rams 0 0%

New Orleans Saints 0 0%

Other 1 4.55%

Scoreboard 2 9.09%

Total:22
MTZehvor said:  

The Longest Foot 91.48, The Loins 79.10

Speaking of teams trying to get into the playoffs, Seth took a major step towards securing the final playoff spot by beating BlowoverKing handily. The surprise star was Alvin Kamara, who made up for Michael Crabtree's early ejection and then some by putting up 2 TDs and nearly 200 yards. BlowoverKing's played well, but lacked any kind of surprise performance to match the combined efforts of Kamara and Tom Brady (21 points). Seth improves to 7-5 and is on 

Surprise? Kamara has been balling out for weeks

Around the Network

Funny I'm reading this article about it being time to pack it in on Jordy Nelson; I'm just like, I packed up on him as soon as Rodgers got hurt.

RolStoppable said:
Angelus said:

This is MTZehvor's way of proving that die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln.

Riiiiiight, what he said. 

RolStoppable said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Funny I'm reading this article about it being time to pack it in on Jordy Nelson; I'm just like, I packed up on him as soon as Rodgers got hurt.

While it's true that Nelson wasn't able to do much of anything in the last weeks, week 13 provides a favorable matchup. By now it's known that Adams is Hundley's favorite target, so defenses should pay more attention to Adams than to Nelson. Tampa Bay's secondary is really, really bad, so there should be more than one receiver who can post a good statline.

Fantasy analysts really have no clue. First they are sleeping on the Green Bay situation and then at the point where things are looking up for Jordy, they recommend to not start him. Week 14 is @Browns.

I'm not sure Hundley even knows Jordy exists. Either that or Jordy was in charge of hazing him as a rookie, and he's still holding a grudge. Not sure he would target him if there was a million dollar bonus in it for him every time Jordy caught a ball

RolStoppable said:
Angelus said:

This is MTZehvor's way of proving that die dümmsten Bauern haben die dicksten Kartoffeln.

Setting the insult aside, Kamara's stat line for the past four weeks before this game:

vs. CHI: 8 att for 28 yds, 1 TD.

vs. TB: 10 att for 68 yds, 1 TD

@ BUF: 12 att for 106 yds, 1 TD

vs. WAS: 8 att for 42 yds, 0 TD

Good stats, don't get me wrong, but going from that to a 31 point fantasy game is a huge surprise, at least in my book.

Around the Network
MTZehvor said:
RolStoppable said:

Setting the insult aside, Kamara's stat line for the past four weeks before this game:

Good stats, don't get me wrong, but going from that to a 31 point fantasy game is a huge surprise, at least in my book.

Sure, lets ignore the fact that he also has like 240ish receiving yards, and 2 more receiving TDs in that span......

Angelus said:
MTZehvor said:

Sure, lets ignore the fact that he also has like 240ish receiving yards, and 2 more receiving TDs in that span......

Very well, let's just compare straight fantasy points scored. This week comes out to about a 18 point improvement over his average, or, if you just want to do the last four weeks, an 11 point improvement. And, keep in mind, this was all done during a game where the Saints were held ~160 yards below their season average.

I really don't see how a 31 point game from a guy that has only broken 20 points once this entire season isn't a surprise. Is he a good multi purpose RB? Sure. I don't think many people were expecting him to score 30 points this week, though.

MTZehvor said:
Angelus said:

Very well, let's just compare straight fantasy points scored. This week comes out to about a 18 point improvement over his average, or, if you just want to do the last four weeks, an 11 point improvement. And, keep in mind, this was all done during a game where the Saints were held ~160 yards below their season average.

I really don't see how a 31 point game from a guy that has only broken 20 points once this entire season isn't a surprise. Is he a good multi purpose RB? Sure. I don't think many people were expecting him to score 30 points this week, though.

The point is, you were cherry picking numbers, and all you're doing now is arguing the extent of his awesomeness. So he had a game where he did even better than usual......so what? He's averaging about the same fantasy point on the year as LeVeon Bell....despite sharing the backfield with another RB1......and not getting much play time the first several weeks of the season. He's been balling.

Did people expect 30 out of him in this game? Probably not, but that doesn't necessarily make his performance surprising either, because he's shown he's capable of being a game changer pretty much all year, once they got around to working him in the rotation more. Factor in that the Saints were down at least a score or more pretty much the entire game, and it further facilitates him being in the game and making plays, because he gets most of the passing work, compared to Ingram who's more of their grind the clock type of guy.

Angelus said:
MTZehvor said:

The point is, you were cherry picking numbers, and all you're doing now is arguing the extent of his awesomeness. So he had a game where he did even better than usual......so what? He's averaging about the same fantasy point on the year as LeVeon Bell....despite sharing the backfield with another RB1......and not getting much play time the first several weeks of the season. He's been balling.

Did people expect 30 out of him in this game? Probably not, but that doesn't necessarily make his performance surprising either, because he's shown he's capable of being a game changer pretty much all year, once they got around to working him in the rotation more. Factor in that the Saints were down at least a score or more pretty much the entire game, and it further facilitates him being in the game and making plays, because he gets most of the passing work, compared to Ingram who's more of their grind the clock type of guy.

I don't think I've ever cherry picked numbers. I looked up his rushing stats at first because he was a running back. I'm not particularly familiar with Saints players outside of knowing enough to know that this guy hasn't put up 30 points before, so looking into his receiving stats didn't come to mind at first.

With that said, all I've been doing is debating the "extent of his awesomeness." All I said in my recap was that it was a "surprising" performance, not that he wasn't a good or even great RB. In fact, I full embraced him being a good RB in the initial response I posted. All I said was that him putting up 30 points was surprising.

And it is surprising. A surprise is simply "an unexpected or astonishing event," according to Google Dictionary. You can debate the astonishing part of it, but you yourself have admitted that it was unexpected. If Le'Veon Bell put up 30 points, I'd call that a surprise as well. If Tom Brady puts up 50 points next week, I'd consider it a surprise. It's possible to be a surprise even if you're expected to score a reasonably high point total, so long as you exceed that point total by a sizable amount.

RolStoppable said:
MTZehvor said:

Setting the insult aside, (...)

Is it really an insult when it is true?

You tell me. How'd drafting Marshawn Lynch and Travis Kelce with your first two non-IR picks go for you?