By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Senator John McCain casts deciding vote against "Skinny Repeal"

Healthcare you want for the US

Single Payer (All taxes) 83 57.24%

Multi-Payer (Government option) 24 16.55%

Heavy regulations (Capita... 6 4.14%

Moderate regulation 14 9.66%

No regulation 14 9.66%

Alternative Medicine 4 2.76%

Total:145
TallSilhouette said:
Is it over? At least as far as healthcare is concerned? Like, for real this time? No more fast, loose, and ultra shady attempts at repealing and/or replacing the ACA with some form of the AHCA? No more delays and necros in order to rebrand it and finagle more votes? Can we put this behind us for the foreseeable future? I want to believe...

Considering the dozens of tries to repeal Obamacare when Republicans had no chance during the Obama administration I doubt they have any thoughts of giving up in the next few decades. I mean it's like 80% of the political platform they're running on.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

mispost

vivster said:
barneystinson69 said:

Hopefully we can now see some bipartisanship on this issue. Thank you Mccain for doing the right thing.

And how will that work when Democrats want to extend Healthcare and Republicans cut it? Why would Democrats agree to any measures that would make Obamacare worse? And those are the only measures Republicans want to take.

They'd have a more realistic success with a bipartisan vote to impeach the president.

The GOP wants Obamacare to cost less to taxpayers, and wants lower premiums. Democrats can agree with this, so I don't see what the problem is. I'm hoping things can change, and I thank Mccain for sticking to his promise.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

hm..
I think Trump can win the reelection now by intoducing a bill to rebrand Obamacare to Trumpcare (ofcourse "Obamacare" is only a nickname the GOP/Fox gave the ACA, but none of the (R) voters know that or care) and then campaigning on that he gave the people the best healthcare in decades

barneystinson69 said:
vivster said:

And how will that work when Democrats want to extend Healthcare and Republicans cut it? Why would Democrats agree to any measures that would make Obamacare worse? And those are the only measures Republicans want to take.

They'd have a more realistic success with a bipartisan vote to impeach the president.

The GOP wants Obamacare to cost less to taxpayers, and wants lower premiums. Democrats can agree with this, so I don't see what the problem is. I'm hoping things can change, and I thank Mccain for sticking to his promise.

Where did they say this? Obamacare is already barely working due to countless exceptions for people to opt out of it. How the fuck would you make Healthcare better by making tax payers pay even less?

That's like saying "We will fix the infrastructure of the country by cutting income tax to 0%". Because who needs money to pay for services.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
vivster said:

That's a fucking joke.

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/healthcare/news/2017/07/25/436642/skinny-repeal-bill-raise-average-premiums-1238-increase-uninsured/

Stop talking out of your ass and show me some proof.

sethnintendo said:
barneystinson69 said:

That's a fucking joke.

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/healthcare/news/2017/07/25/436642/skinny-repeal-bill-raise-average-premiums-1238-increase-uninsured/

Oh good god...

Look, its 1:18 am, so I'm probably going to leave after saying this (in case I say something I regret later on). The bill itself wasn't suppose to be drafted into law, most republicans in the senate didn't like the bill, and only voted for it because they were promised it wouldn't be put into law. The goal of passing this was to ultimately bring this back into the house, and start working on getting amendments into place. This bill itself was a fucking joke, so to say this represented what the GOP wanted is ahrdly accurate.

And maybe you can calm down a little bit (I saw the edit in your statement). You can hear Ted Cruz's statement if you like, but its late, so I'll save my discussion for the morning.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Puppyroach said:
Thank goodness that the house and senate has had the most incompetent republicans of our time on place so that they can fail even when they have the majority 🙂.

Well I'm annoyed they haven't come up with something they all agree with, I'm glad they're avoiding passing something broken like ACA.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

barneystinson69 said:
sethnintendo said:

That's a fucking joke.

Oh god...

Look, its 1:18 am, so I'm probably going to leave after saying this (in case I say something I regret later on). The bill itself wasn't suppose to be drafted into law, most republicans in the senate didn't like the bill, and only voted for it because they were promised it wouldn't be put into law. The goal of passing this was to ultimately bring this back into the house, and start working on getting amendments into place. This bill itself was a fucking joke, so to say this represented what the GOP wanted is ahrdly accurate.

So what is the point on voting on a bill that won't become law.  They didn't put it up for debate or amendments.  They tried to push this turd through.  It's their own damn fault.  It's like going into to solving a problem with no solution.  It does represent the GOP accurately.  They are a joke.

John McCain is a good guy.