By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Poll #3!!!!! Best game ever made? Update/Winner

What do you think is the best game ever made?

Assassins Creed 2 19 6.01%

Mass Effect 2 31 9.81%

Half Life 2 34 10.76%

Super Mario Galaxy 156 49.37%

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim 33 10.44%

Splatoon 16 5.06%

Gears of War 2 6 1.90%

Forza Motorsport 3 3 0.95%

Donkey Kong Country Returns 13 4.11%

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 5 1.58%

Total:316
StarDoor said:
niceguygameplayer said:

In my opinion, Super Mario Galaxy should not be winning by such a huge percentage. I am surprised by the results so far. But I think I'm starting to learn something. 

What are you learning?

That most here are Nintendo fans. 

Around the Network
niceguygameplayer said:
shikamaru317 said:

Between those, Skyrim > AC2 > MW3. Haven't played the rest. Where is Red Dead Redemption though?

Sorry, this is a limited poll contest. Red Dead Redemption is out. If I do a larger poll contest in the future, I will include it.

niceguygameplayer said:
Platina said:

Best to use the multi-quote button to prevent double, triple or in this case 11 of your posts in a row, which can and is considered as spamming

Spamming?!!!!! I'm just replying to comments that I was late to. Can't you see that?! Why are there so may restrictive rules here? I have no idea what multi quote is. I've never used it. I will look in to it. I was just giving replies, not trying to spam anything. How is that spamming anyway? I don't get it...?

niceguygameplayer said:
StarDoor said:

What are you learning?

This is multi-quoting in action

No need to get all defensive, this is just some friendly advice since I've double posted before too. But when it gets excessive like in your case 11 posts in a row, more if you ignore my post in between, it definitely falls out into the lines as questionable.

If you look carefully at the buttons available, you will see this button called Multi-quote.

When you click this button, that message will be queued up. After selecting all of the messages you want to respond to, click the Rich Text Reply option (or the Quote button for the final message) and you will see all of the messages nicely lined up.

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

CGI-Quality said:
I'm backing Platina on this one. Please use the multi-quote feature in cases like this.

OK, but I don't understand why what I did is called spamming or why it's wrong. I will he Multi Quote going forward. 

Platina said:
niceguygameplayer said:

Sorry, this is a limited poll contest. Red Dead Redemption is out. If I do a larger poll contest in the future, I will include it.

niceguygameplayer said:

Spamming?!!!!! I'm just replying to comments that I was late to. Can't you see that?! Why are there so may restrictive rules here? I have no idea what multi quote is. I've never used it. I will look in to it. I was just giving replies, not trying to spam anything. How is that spamming anyway? I don't get it...?

niceguygameplayer said:

This is multi-quoting in action

No need to get all defensive, this is just some friendly advice since I've double posted before too. But when it gets excessive like in your case 11 posts in a row, more if you ignore my post in between, it definitely falls out into the lines as questionable.

If you look carefully at the buttons available, you will see this button called Multi-quote.

When you click this button, that message will be queued up. After selecting all of the messages you want to respond to, click the Rich Text Reply option (or the Quote button for the final message) and you will see all of the messages nicely lined up.

I will play with it and figure it out starting with my next thread. OK? I had no idea I was doing wrong. I'm defensive now because I have been locked and banned so much over things I don't understand. I updated my first reply to you above. Please read and you should understand why I'm so frustrated. I'm not trying to be mean, I just feel crying when I get moderated and warned so much. I truly don't understand the meaning behind some of these almost strangling restrictions. 

Bristow9091 said:
niceguygameplayer said:

OK, but I don't understand why what I did is called spamming or why it's wrong. I will he Multi Quote going forward. 

It's considered spamming because your posts, one reply at a time, are filling up the page when you could have simply put them all into one post. Also if I'm not mistaken, a thread was created to show users how to use the function, but basically it's right beside your regular quote button, the best way to use it, is to click it for every post you want to reply to, then on the last one, click quote, and they'll all load up together in your post.

Thank you sir. That will be helpful.

Around the Network

No more replies on this post guys. I'm getting in trouble again if I keep replying. Apparently, I must use multi quote. I had no idea. I will still read replies and suggestions.

StarDoor said:
Jpcc86 said:
None of these. Jesus Christ, none of these would even make a top 100 games ever made. Maybe Mario Galaxy would make it into a top 200. What is going on here? Is there an inside joke im not getting?

What the hell are you talking about? On Metacritic, Super Mario Galaxy is the sixth highest rated game of all time. According to GameRankings, which doesn't give preferential weight to some reviewers, it's the literal highest rated game of all time.

wow.  It's sad if this is true.  That's like Mad Max Fury Road winning 12 oscars or something.  Like it's cool but...damn talk about overrated.

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
StarDoor said:

What the hell are you talking about? On Metacritic, Super Mario Galaxy is the sixth highest rated game of all time. According to GameRankings, which doesn't give preferential weight to some reviewers, it's the literal highest rated game of all time.

wow.  It's sad if this is true.  That's like Mad Max Fury Road winning 12 oscars or something.  Like it's cool but...damn talk about overrated.

Well, if you base your definition of overrated as "something that I did not enjoy as much as critics or the general population did," then sure.

If you're trying to say that Super Mario Galaxy is overrated in some objective sense, then you're clearly wrong.