By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Foxconn building site in Wisconsin.

I kind of don't know how I feel about it. But Foxconn finally decided to build one of their new factory complexes in south-east wisconsin. The campus will be mainly making LCD screens for various electronics. They announced a while ago they were looking to build a factory in the US, they  plan to have it operational by 2020.

If you don't know who that is, Foxconn is the company that assembles the consoles for Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo, as well as the products for Apple. And they are known for their bad work enviroment in China.

http://www.wisn.com/article/15-things-to-know-about-foxconn-in-wisconsin/10366419

Around the Network

Finally! Now Trump can piss off China and you'll still be able to get your XBoxes and iPhones!

Errorist76 said:
Finally! Now Trump can go to war with China and you'll still be able to get your XBoxes and iPhones!

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Errorist76 said:

Finally! Now Trump can piss off China and you'll still be able to get your XBoxes and iPhones!

For double the price

Unless Trump also plans on dropping minimum wage to <$1 per hour 

ktay95 said:
Errorist76 said:

For double the price

Shhshhhh, that's not supposed to get to the public yet!

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
Errorist76 said:

For double the price

Well if this plant is anything like China those 3,000 workers will be replaced by robots in no time. 

ktay95 said:
Errorist76 said:

For double the price

Don't know if you're trolling or believe such nonsense. 

ktay95 said:
Errorist76 said:

For double the price

Why drop the minimum wage when there won't be working any US citizens in there anyway?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

This is amazing news for Wisconsin. Estimates put this at 3,000 - 13,000 jobs depending on the size of the operation; not to mention additional jobs built up around it to support an operation this massive. This is all in a county that isn't exactly known for wealth and affluence so these jobs are very much needed. 

Let's just enjoy the good news here for once, please?

I know for many of you though it can't be good news because Trump is involved. Trump could cure cancer and you would still find something wrong with it. 

Thats good news. America FTW