By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Make money back from PS plus?

Tagged games:

No really making money. It's just lessening the loss of money from your initial purchase.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

It definitely has for me. I mean I have downloaded far more than $50 worth of games a year on it not even counting discount titles (and I'm only counting ones I enjoyed)

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
It definitely has for me. I mean I have downloaded far more than $50 worth of games a year on it not even counting discount titles (and I'm only counting ones I enjoyed)

That's not making money. That's saving money, assuming you would have bought those games anyway.

Zkuq said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

That's not making money. That's saving money, assuming you would have bought those games anyway.

I mean I COULD have sold all my games on Ebay if they were available on Plus and probably equaled the cost out but then I wouldn't own my precious physical copy and I am making money by not spending it.  A penny saved is a penny earned.  I COULD have bought Just Cause 3 (probably wouldn't have but it still counts) but now I get a $20 value at least absolutely free!  I just made $20!

I am Iron Man

Been doing this for years on steam sales for all multiplats. Especially useful for games that had died on consoles like L4D (which is still played online on steam)

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

Has anyone made a thread about August's IGC Plus lineup?

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Zkuq said:

I mean I COULD have sold all my games on Ebay if they were available on Plus and probably equaled the cost out but then I wouldn't own my precious physical copy and I am making money by not spending it.  A penny saved is a penny earned.  I COULD have bought Just Cause 3 (probably wouldn't have but it still counts) but now I get a $20 value at least absolutely free!  I just made $20!

It seems we have radically different ways of thinking.

When I buy a game physically and then I get it digitally, I still keep it. It's my insurance policy!

So you get money back by turning your one time purchase into a monthly subscription?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

That's a strange definition of "making money".