By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 HITS 5 MILLION in OTHERS

The mere fact that everyone posts threads about PS3 barely beating the Wii or the DS and how "huge" that is shows how far ahead Nintendo is ahead this gen.

Around the Network
CaptainPrefrences said:
"others" love sony products. especially spain, i dunno why lol.

My fellow spaniards take brands as if they were soccer teams. Also, Sony Spain has been doing excellent marketing work for years if not decades 

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

@soriku

LBP doesnt force you to make anything, there are over 50 levels shipping with the game. You can just play those, you are not forced to create anything.

And if LBP a casual game sells 1 million copies, I will offer a ban bet to say it will sell more than 2 million copies.

mM

by the time LBP is out ps3 install base will be around 17 18m :)

mgs4 will sell 2.4m week 1

japan:500k

others: 1m

NA:900k

AAA (90%+) games (metacritic):

nintendo:65

Xbox: 42

playstation: 98

outlawauron said:
Wait. If no casuals are getting a PS3, then how do you explain PES and Singstar sales? Singstar is the ultimate casual game and its having great legs!

PES is not a casual title, it's a sport simulation.

Singstar sales are ok I guess. I wouldn't say it's doing great. At least not compared to the better selling Wii titles.

Around the Network

Good, otehrs will no doubt help PS3 in the long run, but dont come with "SONY DROP PRICES PLEASE" cause if PS3 prices is dropped to 250$ then sony will be in great trouble. Price will drop, not that soon though, maybe next year PS3 will be at 400/300$ but may be 450/350$ also. It all depends on how well PS2 and PSP fare this year to avoid great losses.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

FishyJoe said:
outlawauron said:
Wait. If no casuals are getting a PS3, then how do you explain PES and Singstar sales? Singstar is the ultimate casual game and its having great legs!

PES is not a casual title, it's a sport simulation.

Singstar sales are ok I guess. I wouldn't say it's doing great. At least not compared to the better selling Wii titles.

Well considering singstar has only been released in Europe, and the PS3 has a smaller install base than the wii, ofcourse wii software would be better.

mM

in spain sony is famous, wii is fashion and microsoft is an OS to piracy (XP) and an OS to avoid (vista)

this is in the street. In spanish forums Xbox is big, as it is the first HD console to be released

Leo-j states the obvious once more!

Leo-J, again with this. You always come up for reasons why the Wii is doing good. That's like saying:

Boy A: "The Lakers won the playoffs against the Mavericks!"
Boy B: "That's because they were wearing nikes! Wait till the Mavericks wear their Nikes then they will win!"

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius