By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best game ever made? Here's a poll. UPDATE.

What do you think is the best game ever made?

Final Fantasy VII 163 15.23%

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 486 45.42%

Street Fighter II 20 1.87%

Resident Evil 2 32 2.99%

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 19 1.78%

Super Mario 64 140 13.08%

Grand Theft Auto V 90 8.41%

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 28 2.62%

Minecraft 24 2.24%

Star Wars Kinect 68 6.36%

Total:1,070
OTBWY said:

My top 10, with some explanation:

1 - LoZ: Ocarina of Time

The one perfect game imo. This game still has it for me. Left a profound impression back then, and even now I get goosebumps playing it.

2 - Pokemon Gold/Silver

I remember waiting for 3 hours in line to get this game. Holy shit was it worth every penny. Day and night cycles, new Pokemon, best post-game with more gyms, super comfy.

3 - Mother 3

Played a translation version on an emulator (had no choice). Guys, if you have a brother, tell them that you love them. Real tearjerker and guaranteed masterpiece.

4 - LoZ: Breath of the Wild

This game hit the right spot at the right time for me. I'm currently at about 225 hours of play, and I don't intend to stop playing.

5 - Xenogears

Would be higher if the game wasn't rushed near the end. RPG with mechs by the guys who after this game went on to become Monolith Soft, who made so many of my favorite games.

6 - Xenoblade

This game is such a good RPG. The characters are really fun and you really connect to the story through them. Gameplay is solid and that world and music...

7 - Super Mario Galaxy

One of the best platformers ever made. We need a HD remake of this.

8 - Terranigma

I can't believe Americans never got to experience this game when it came out. This game is imo better than Chrono Trigger.

9 - Chrono Trigger

Epic RPG. I recently replayed it on the DS, which for me is the best version. Awesome music, great memorable characters, cool ending mechanic.

10 - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

So glad I still have my copy. This game is so hilariously broken, it makes it incredibly fun to play. I remember the first time I got Crissaegrim. Such a beautiful game, I really love the spritework.

I payed $70 for a repro cart of it. Every PAL SNES player I've ever met has recommended it. 

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Azuren said:

Maybe read your post before sending it, because you defended what you said right before you dismissed it as not serious. Which is it? Do you stand by it, or are you flakey on doing so because you already recognize it as a bad stance to take?

And taste is 100% subjective. I'm not sure to what school of thought you subscribe, but statements like this one show you surely didn't pay too much for that subscription.

Taste can be educated, the human experience as a whole is subjective however we have similar brains and we live in the same frame time under a very similar culture, which means we should be able to reach similar conclusions in my aspects including art, there is a reason why despite how subjective is everything well educated smart people reach similar conclusions in music, literature, cinema etc And behind every art there is a bit of a science, there are ways to do things right and ways to do it wrong, is not 100% subjective, you can like whatever you like and it will always be respectable, but that doesn't mean just because you like it it means is good.

Your entire argument boils down to "we should all like the same thing", which is quite frankly par for the course on your inane arguments.

Information can be given concerning the specifics of things, and taste can be conveyed, but taste cannot be given or taught. Feel free to keep arguing yourself into a hole, though.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Splatoon 2.

Cerebralbore101 said:

8 - Terranigma

I payed $70 for a repro cart of it. Every PAL SNES player I've ever met has recommended it. 

I happen to be a PAL SNES player :)

Still insure if i place ICO or TLG at #1

Out of the ones on the poll, Ocarina of time

Around the Network
Azuren said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Taste can be educated, the human experience as a whole is subjective however we have similar brains and we live in the same frame time under a very similar culture, which means we should be able to reach similar conclusions in my aspects including art, there is a reason why despite how subjective is everything well educated smart people reach similar conclusions in music, literature, cinema etc And behind every art there is a bit of a science, there are ways to do things right and ways to do it wrong, is not 100% subjective, you can like whatever you like and it will always be respectable, but that doesn't mean just because you like it it means is good.

Your entire argument boils down to "we should all like the same thing", which is quite frankly par for the course on your inane arguments.

Information can be given concerning the specifics of things, and taste can be conveyed, but taste cannot be given or taught. Feel free to keep arguing yourself into a hole, though.

Nope, I never said that, I talk about similar conclusions and I make a distinction between things you like and things you think are good, you may like Transformer 5 better than the Goodfather, or Justin Bieber more than David Bowie, and is totally fine, but as much as some want to think everything is 100% subjective to say Transfoprmer 5 is better than Goodfather or Bieber better than Bowie is simply wrong.

Goodnightmoon said:
Azuren said:

Nope, I never said that, I talk about similar conclusions and I make a distinction between things you like and things you think are good, you may like Transformer 5 better than the Goodfather, or Justin Bieber more than David Bowie, and is totally fine, but as much as some want to think everything is 100% subjective to say Transfoprmer 5 is better than Goodfather or Bieber better than Bowie is simply wrong.

Except it's an opinion, and opinions aren't wrong, just unpopular. But you keep right on digging your feet into a losing argument. Or, you know, just admit you stumbled over your words and the wrong intention came out.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Except it's an opinion, and opinions aren't wrong, just unpopular. But you keep right on digging your feet into a losing argument. Or, you know, just admit you stumbled over your words and the wrong intention came out.

So if I say the Earth is flat my opinion isn't wrong is just unpopular, right...

At least I do make arguments, you are just being passive agressive all the time.

Cerebralbore101 said:

To everyone saying Witcher III: The combat consists of using the force push spell to knock all human enemies down and then finishing them off. The dialogue is way too long winded. Potions are pretty much useless in the game.

Don't get me wrong. I liked the Witcher III,  and would recommend it to most people, but it has some huge glaring flaws.

I assume you didn't play the game on the higher difficulties. Death March is what it needs to be played to be appreciated.

Goodnightmoon said:
Azuren said:

So if I say the Earth is flat my opinion isn't wrong is just unpopular, right...

At least I do make arguments, you are just being passive agressive all the time.

An opinion is a subjective statement. Saying that the earth is flat is not a subjective statement. It is an objective statement, and an incorrect one. Google objective vs subjective. I know that in popular culture an opinion is "whatever somebody happens to think is true", but that's not what it is in real life. Just trying to be helpful here.