By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

How long have you played an instrument for?

Less than a year 2 4.26%

One year 1 2.13%

Two years 2 4.26%

Three years 1 2.13%

Four years 4 8.51%

5-10 years 7 14.89%

11-15 years 6 12.77%

16-20 years 3 6.38%

21-25 years 9 19.15%

I have no talent and hate myself 12 25.53%

Total:47

I can't play any instruments, but I have a 'klaroen'. (I'm not sure what the English translation is, Google says 'clarion' but I'm not sure if that's entirely correct.)

Around the Network

Long ago, I played the trumpet. Gooood tiiiimes...

Then I got braces, and that was the end of that.

;_;

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I've been playing >35 years. I play keyboards, bass, drums and guitar, but I suppose bass is my 'main' instrument.
Making music is just one of the greatest things in life imho :)

Cloudman said:

;_;

Do you still have those braces? It's never too late to get back into music, Cloudman :)

Kyuu said:

When I was around 10 years old, my uncle's brother in law -an exceptionally skilled keyboardist- inspired me to play the keyboards. A few years later in one ominous day, the man was captured by an anonymous terrorist group. In the following week, his corpse was found lying in the garbage area nearby, with eyes plucked out and fingers chopped off. Heartbreaking doesn't begin to describe it.

His spirit lives on.. I am almost 30 now and still play the keyboards. Today, this hobby is one of the few things that keep me sane! But I've never been too good at it and it sometimes frustrates me how slow I improve, due in part to playing on and off, being talentless, impatient, disorganized, and self-taught (I suppose I fall into the no talent/hate myself category XD). I can't read a note and have mysterious fear to start the metronome.. so my tempo is quite awful even though I can play very fast pieces.

I also have a cheap Yamaha recorder, learned to play it quite quickly but the sound of the instrument soon got boring which caused me to lose motivation. I plan to learn flute in the future, it's one of my favorite instruments to listen to but the starting price for a good flute is pretty high. Which is why I went for a recorder for the time being.

I learned these beautiful pieces on the recorder within a week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW3QK6CTg2g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J46RY4PU8a8

Glad you're happy with your current abilities! Satisfaction is key to improvement.

Sounds awful man. I'm glad you were able to move on and be impacted by his inspiration

Around the Network

I think I've been playing guitar for 8-7 years. Didn't really get the hang of it for a while, but now I can play any "easy" song as long as I find a tutorial or at least the tabs online. I can also play a really mediocre flute, and I guess I can play the bass?

I wish to learn how to play piano and/or drums someday though.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

I play the piano (only classic) since I was 3 or 4. It's my favorite instrument and I'm quite good at it. Currently working my way through Alkan's Le Festin D'Esope.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I play mandolin. Have been playing since 2006, but never got very deep into it, actually. At least not to the point of being virtuous. I play on a small group of bandolinists.. .actually the only group still active in my country.

We have not been recording videos for a long time, here are a few examples of our work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZpwYFjcOzA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=138SEjYmzVQ

I also barely play guitar. I studied for about 01 year and sometimes I take it and try a few lessons, but I´m not really good with it.

funkateer2 said:
Cloudman said:

;_;

Do you still have those braces? It's never too late to get back into music, Cloudman :)

No, I only had them for a few years, but this was a long time ago. I don't think I'd be able to get back into anymore : <

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I've been playing guitar for about 23 years. Piano for about 15. Self taught in both. The key to learning is to play every day...and don't worry about "doing something" with it. The thing you'll do most with it is play music you like and truly feel the experience. Anything else that comes along with it is just extra.