By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First screenshots of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Graphics look good, very possible. Esp, when you render out to 1080p/720p screens, and downsample to media screens of this size.

Can/will definitely do a Wii version - almost certain - but it won't look as good. Get used to it, most/all of the major brands (3rd-party) in gaming are coming to the Wii.

EDIT: Some screens look more 'in-game", and some look more cut-scene. Could be rendere, although I wouldn't expect it these days. God the "war" genre is oversaturated these days!

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

So they haven't announced a Wii version? Strange. Either their really going to put some AI and physics stuff that the Wii can't handle, or something really odd like that. CoD3 did pretty decent on the Wii - enough, I thought, to garner more attention for a Wii-qual. However, maybe, again, they are wanting to do something with the PC/360/PS3 version that's just too good for the Wii to handle. And no, I don't mean graphically.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

"Went looking, couldn't find a list but I would guess PC, XBox 360, PS3 and possibly Wii ..." damn that looks pretty.. the wii version looks like this ..*insert poo*

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

If the game came out for the Wii and had online play, I'd pick it up even with downgraded graphics. The only reason I didn't pick up CoD 3 for the Wii was the fact that there weren't even any unlockables. It was barebones. Funny that it sold more on the Wii than the PS3.

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
So they haven't announced a Wii version? Strange. Either their really going to put some AI and physics stuff that the Wii can't handle, or something really odd like that. CoD3 did pretty decent on the Wii - enough, I thought, to garner more attention for a Wii-qual. However, maybe, again, they are wanting to do something with the PC/360/PS3 version that's just too good for the Wii to handle. And no, I don't mean graphically.

Or there is always the possibility that they're making a Wii game that is completely seperate from Call of Duty 4 ...

Legend11 said:

Here are some pictures from the Wii version:

Apparently the AI and physics in the game are completely intact and before people start putting down the graphics remember that these are from an online multiplayer BETA people!! The single player mode should look better...

That grass does look good for being online..hahahah

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

LOL.

Darkness said:
If the game came out for the Wii and had online play, I'd pick it up even with downgraded graphics. The only reason I didn't pick up CoD 3 for the Wii was the fact that there weren't even any unlockables. It was barebones. Funny that it sold more on the Wii than the PS3.

Fuuny like COD3 is the best shooter Wii owners have while just about every PS3 owner did choose Resistence over CoD3.