By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First screenshots of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

DaBIAS said:

Keep telling your self that, what about envioroment, AI and physics ? 

You do know they made Call of Duty 3 for the Wii, right?

Around the Network

There is not going to be a Wii version lol, you think the Wii can do those graphics? Anyway it looks good, they finally dropped the WWII stuff...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Eh, I think I like Battlefield 2 better. Never cared much for the CoD games.

ckmlb said:
There is not going to be a Wii version lol, you think the Wii can do those graphics? Anyway it looks good, they finally dropped the WWII stuff...

Why do so many people focus on the graphics?

Call of Duty 3 was available for the Wii and PS2 and was (pretty much) the exact same game ...

DaBIAS said:

As much as Sony and Microsoft keep hyping the AI and Physics that are possible on their platforms, the actual impact their added processing power has made in these areas is pretty small.

Since (roughly) 1998, after Half-Life was released, there really hasn't been any improvements in the techniques to produce AI in game; mostly scripted AI with  scripted events which give the impression of intelligence. The improvement in AI has mostly been from the quantity of scripts produced and has very little to do with added processing power.

Physics does benefit greatly from the added processing power of these systems, but few games actually take advantage of this in a gameplay modifying fashion; certainly there will be several games with amazingly complex physics puzzles which can only be done on the PS3 and XBox 360 but I doubt Call of Duty is one of them.

Thanks for posting the pics, I personally like it when others on here post photo's it helps save time for us that odont have time to search them up! thanks in advance -D

Around the Network

CoD is entering a saturated field. Doesn't Rainbow Six, SOCOM, GRAW, etc already provide this exact type of game?

Dolla Dolla said:
DaBIAS said:

CoD4 is being done by the guys who created CoD1 and 2... CoD3 was farmed out to a different studio. This game is going to be much different. The AI is supposed to be smarter, the graphics are beautiful, and apparently they aren't doing a Wii version.

All of this info is available in the new GI.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
Dolla Dolla said:
DaBIAS said:

CoD4 is being done by the guys who created CoD1 and 2... CoD3 was farmed out to a different studio. This game is going to be much different. The AI is supposed to be smarter, the graphics are beautiful, and apparently they aren't doing a Wii version.

All of this info is available in the new GI.

lol your actually wrong. Its done but 1 & 3 are done by one team 2 & 4 the other. Why do you think COD2 is better then COD3. It goes even odd even odd for the devs. PLus to the one who said its EA making this.. its Activition last time I checked.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:

lol your actually wrong. Its done but 1 & 3 are done by one team 2 & 4 the other. Why do you think COD2 is better then COD3. It goes even odd even odd for the devs. PLus to the one who said its EA making this.. its Activition last time I checked.

Er, yeah... Um, my bad.

I never played CoD1 so I'm not that familiar with it. I thought it was the same team that did CoD2.

Anyway, the guys who made the good game (CoD2) are now making the new game (CoD4).

Anything that stops me from stupid animation button-pressing sequences (CoD3) is okay with me.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Why the hell didn't they make a PC version of COD3, this looks wicked!