By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon 2 Review Thread! MC: 84

So it's worse than bare bones Rocket League 2 years ago? Now I'm really interested what score the Switch version will get.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
This is one of those games where the meta means nothing to me.

Shouldn't all games be like that though? If any game looks good to you and you think you'll enjoy it then it shouldn't matter what score reviewers gave it.

I only buy blindly when it's an IP I totally know and trust.

As expected the game seems to offer little more than its predecessor and that doesn't justify the 60 dollar price imo. Maybe 2 years from now it'll be like 20$

Great scores.
It will feel even better with the future updates - new stages, items, weapons etc.... hopefully a new mode, too (just hopefully...)

HintHRO said:
As expected the game seems to offer little more than its predecessor and that doesn't justify the 60 dollar price imo. Maybe 2 years from now it'll be like 20$

You're new to Nintendo published games, aren't you? They only drop in price if they get into that "Selects" program. My local Walmart is still trying to sell Metroid: Other M for the original $50 retail US price. Seven years later when the game was considerably worse, lol

Around the Network
HintHRO said:

I guess you were not around for the original Splatoon where people also said it wasn't worth $60, but were quickly proven wrong.

-Lonely_Dolphin

Einsam_Delphin said:
HintHRO said:

I guess you were not around for the original Splatoon where people also said it wasn't worth $60, but were quickly proven wrong.

-Lonely_Dolphin

Splatoon 1 was never 60 dollars. Everywhere it was close to 40. At launch here in the Netherlands I saw it several times for 35 and even 30 euros. 

HintHRO said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

-Lonely_Dolphin

Splatoon 1 was never 60 dollars. Everywhere it was close to 40. At launch here in the Netherlands I saw it several times for 35 and even 30 euros. 

It was 60$ on US and it did great there

Rocketjay8 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Yeah OoT was first and I get that so it hooked more people. But I had been spoiled by so many great games on Ps1 like Tekken 3, Resident Evil, Castlevainia SOTN, Xenogears and on my N64 Golden eye, Super mario 64, Wave race, Danjo-Kazooie so I was quite spoiled withg ood games already! I know they are all different from OoT but still out great games. And when OoT came out I was like wow this is an amazing game and loved it but then 2 years later when I got MM I felt like Jak that MM improved on OoT in every single way. SO for me when it got a lower score I was liek what! How! LOL but yes OoT was a great game back then I would never deny that.....ever.

Good ol' Danjo-Kazooie. XD

Lmbo did not even realize I put a D instead of a B lol. Geesh

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

HintHRO said:

It'll go down to that kind of price if Splatoon 2 doesn't sell well. And there is a highly unlikely chance of that happening. Splatoon 2 is already on rampage in Japan and it has been #1 numerous times on Amazon both US and JP.