By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How did you feel about Splatoon 2 Splatfest?

Vini256 said:

Nothing, because my Switch refused to connect to my Wifi during the Splatfest, so I wasn't able to play it :/

Yes, I'm salty about it.

Weird, considered restarting the router / console, I mean the event was on for 12 hours and you couldn't connect for that time?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

How did people end up on their Cake power? or Ice cream power if you were fighting for the bastard side of things?

Have to say, the team matchmaking really needs to be sorted out, ended up in a game with 3 rollers on my team, absolutely nothing we could do against getting sniped at a choke point by the other team as our only member with a ranged weapon was busy inking the starting area... ya know... something that 3 rollers definitely couldn't take care of in 10 seconds.

Often games reminded me of the very worst of overwatch when it comes to matchmaking and have to remind myself of the slightly younger player base and the fact that everyone has jumped in and is playing because it's free, so there was players there who would never normally play that type of game.

Was generally rather fun, after about 6 hours of the Japan and EU splatfest though I was a bit bored of the matchmaking BS and stopped playing, almost too much demo before the release if that is the way it will be handled on launch.

Oh... if anyone cares in terms of Data usage, the event started while I was in town here so I done a good hour of play Via 3g off my phone, better part of an hour of constant play set me back around 120mb of Data, very easy going for 8 player online shooting for an hour.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

A friend insisted on drawing my poster for the event... not sure he really captured Splatoons Squids lol

Ganoncrotch said:
Vini256 said:

Nothing, because my Switch refused to connect to my Wifi during the Splatfest, so I wasn't able to play it :/

Yes, I'm salty about it.

Weird, considered restarting the router / console, I mean the event was on for 12 hours and you couldn't connect for that time?

Wasn't home during the day, I came back only after the Splatfest had already started. I tried restarting the Switch, my router, etc and nothing worked, so I just gave up after a while trying. It's a shame because I was really looking forward to it. What's weird with my Switch is that it recognizes my router just fine, it just refuses to connect to it. The thing has a mind of its own, it only connects when it wants to. No idea if it's a software or hardware issue on the console itself or if it has something to do with my router.

Vini256 said:

Wasn't home during the day, I came back only after the Splatfest had already started. I tried restarting the Switch, my router, etc and nothing worked, so I just gave up after a while trying. It's a shame because I was really looking forward to it. What's weird with my Switch is that it recognizes my router just fine, it just refuses to connect to it. The thing has a mind of its own, it only connects when it wants to. No idea if it's a software or hardware issue on the console itself or if it has something to do with my router.

How far away is your Switch from the router? I find whenever mine refuses to connect while docked, pulling it out and moving it next to the router gets it to connect and stay connected when I put it back in the dock.

-Lonely_Dolphin

Around the Network

Came in late into Splatfest, still managed to hit Cake Champion level before they shut it down. Played docked and in handheld mode. It was fun, I have to get used to not having the map to refer to with just a glance downward and Super jumps weren't great but it was Splatoon.

Only got to mess with the Splat Dualies and the standard shooter, preferred the standard shooter the tactical roll did nothing for me.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Vini256 said:

How far away is your Switch from the router? I find whenever mine refuses to connect while docked, pulling it out and moving it next to the router gets it to connect and stay connected when I put it back in the dock.

-Lonely_Dolphin

Pretty close to it, actually. The router is right in the next room from my bedroom. I tried connecting while literally standing in front of the router and it didn't work. As I said before, the network shows up just fine, it just won't connect (It even shows full signal too!). If I try to connect to my phone (As a hotspot), it connects instantly, so I think it's something to do with the router specifically. If I leave the console on for a while it will usually connect by itself, but it's pretty hit or miss.

Vini256 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

-Lonely_Dolphin

Pretty close to it, actually. The router is right in the next room from my bedroom. I tried connecting while literally standing in front of the router and it didn't work. As I said before, the network shows up just fine, it just won't connect (It even shows full signal too!). If I try to connect to my phone (As a hotspot), it connects instantly, so I think it's something to do with the router specifically. If I leave the console on for a while it will usually connect by itself, but it's pretty hit or miss.

Could have just used your phone for the splatfest to play some games, like I said, I was out when it started so I done about an hour in a park using my phone before going home to play it on the big screen. Switch works fantastically well tethered to my phone.

Ganoncrotch said:
Vini256 said:

Yes, I'm salty about it.

It was only for 4 hours in the US

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
mZuzek said:
pbroy said:
How do we find out which team won?

I believe if you just open the game up again it just says the results, but you don't need to do that, they were:

Popularity: Ice Cream wins 76% vs. 24%
Solo Matches: Ice Cream wins 51% vs. 49%
Team Matches: Cake wins 53% vs. 47%

So overall Ice Cream wins 2-1.

As for the game itself, yeah it was a lot of fun. It's very similar to the first game but it feels like it's a lot harder to kill now, which is a good thing. I get the feeling (and it might be just me) that you need to be a lot more precise with your shots to splat an opponent, and obviously the specials have overall been greatly nerfed to the point where they surely won't be single-handedly turning games around. Actually, besides the Inkjet I found it pretty hard to use the other specials for anything, especially the Splashdown which seems to be completely useless with its tiny range.

Medisti said:
I played about an hour. Lost and won about equally, but I had lots of fun even when losing.

Fun fact. Most gamers consider you a casual if you use motion controls. In Splatoon, you're considered a casual if you DON'T use motion controls. Ha ha.

I think you guys just confirmed how bad motion controls are. 🤔 I'm a n00b and I owned almost every game with no motion controls. 😐

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence