By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How did you feel about Splatoon 2 Splatfest?

So, this cute chick I know convinced me not to go out on Pokemon Go raids tonight and download this game and play it.

I've only played Splatoon for the Wii U one time and I got my ass handed to me. The motion controls made me rage. Then today, I had the same feeling when I first used the motion controls, instant anger. So, I switched motion controls off and enjoyed it way more.

I ended up actually not being bad in the first couple matches. Never ended up with the lowest kill count. So, I spent 4 hours playing this nonstop trying to get the highest level. Only got up to Champion at 61/99. I was kinda mad there wasn't enough time to reach 99. Lots of games dropped out on me.

Splatoon is actually pretty fun once you figure out the tactics of hiding in the paint.

This is my best kill count:

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

I think there weren't enough people on Team Cake so the majority of the time I was up against another Team Ice Cream 😂

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Controls:
Joycons+Grip is about the same as with the Wii u GamePad. But Handheld mode needs work since im actually moving the screen itself. Need to get used to using the Map! I already got used to B being jump now. 

MainWeapons:
I did not like the Rolling ability on the duelies. I kept pressing it accidentally. The roller is about the same, not sure if I like the longer range ability yet....... And the other 2 weapons are atill the same as I felt at the Wii U ---> Which is not bad.

Special Weapons:
I am not a fan of the homing missiles. The Ink Spray was very hard to use. I love the Splat jump AOE thing!!! And the Jet pack one was fun as well.

Stages:
Love the new change to Morray towers. Made it much funner to play in. Not a fan of the Skateboard/Hump ones. Didnt play the first 2 hours in both JP and AUS....... so I didn't get to try the other 2 stages.

Can't wait to buy the game in 5 days!!!! I know im going to use my tactic of just inking everywhere and not focus on kills or winning to get some $$$$$$

PS: "BlackPink in your Areaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!" xD 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I started getting pissed at my teammates for not helping me defend. So I stopped inking and concentrated on killing bitches. Everyone else just likes to paint and die trying to do it. Once I started being the killer and them just doing whatever the crap they want to do, I started winning matches. Then when the timer starts running out, I sneak into their backlines and paint the crap out of everything running towards their spawn area. Majority of the time the other players are useless, unless they follow you around and back you up.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Jranation said:

PS: "BlackPink in your Areaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!" xD 

You don't want a boy, you need a man? 🤔

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Around the Network

I didn't even know it was going on. And I was off. Bummer.

Too many Ice Cream players.

Also, if you're using the Pro Controller and NOT using motion controls, you're doing it wrong.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

How do we find out which team won?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Also, here's my awesome art:

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

I really loved it despite playing very little of the demo due to work. The Dualies are weapons I will need a little more time on since I have to get used to utilizing the roll effectively. The specials are pretty badass and nice changes from the previous specials from the first game. The two stages I played on, Skateboard and Humpback, were pretty solid stages. Nothing too interesting but fun nevertheless. It's weird not seeing Callie and Marie this time around, with Pearl and Marina taking their place at center stage of the Square. The music is still fun to listen to, though I do miss the original Ink It Up. Overall, I'm just counting down till I get my copy and cannot wait to play more!