By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How did you feel about Splatoon 2 Splatfest?

I turned off motion controls immediately.

As far as the game though it was pretty enjoyable. Never played it before.
Hopefully there is a lot of variety in the full package.

Around the Network

Don't have a Switch yet but I hear that it was hard for Team Ice Cream to get a match made. I guess people really like Marina-I mean Ice Cream.

mZuzek said:
pbroy said:
How do we find out which team won?

I believe if you just open the game up again it just says the results, but you don't need to do that, they were:

Popularity: Ice Cream wins 76% vs. 24%
Solo Matches: Ice Cream wins 51% vs. 49%
Team Matches: Cake wins 53% vs. 47%

So overall Ice Cream wins 2-1.

As for the game itself, yeah it was a lot of fun. It's very similar to the first game but it feels like it's a lot harder to kill now, which is a good thing. I get the feeling (and it might be just me) that you need to be a lot more precise with your shots to splat an opponent, and obviously the specials have overall been greatly nerfed to the point where they surely won't be single-handedly turning games around. Actually, besides the Inkjet I found it pretty hard to use the other specials for anything, especially the Splashdown which seems to be completely useless with its tiny range.

What's the difference between Solo and Team matches?

Kai_Mao said:
The Dualies are weapons I will need a little more time on since I have to get used to utilizing the roll effectively. 

I used the Dualies the whole time and I never even knew about the roll move. 😅 I just used the ink to my strategy.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I wasn't able to try the game out unfortunately, but if I did, I would have done team ice cream all the way!!

Around the Network

Now that I know how few Team Cake was and how most of them sucked, I wish I joined the minority team to make their teams not look so sad. Even though I don't really like cake. 😐

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Never played Splatoon before. My first couple matches I was like "meh", but then it started to become pretty darn fun. I didn't even know about specials (until I saw other people use them) or how to use them. I mostly sucked, took several games for me to start killing people. Just kept the dualies on the whole time so didn't get to try out different stuff. And didn't know how to turn off the motion controls. While the motion control was cool it was pretty damn difficult to play with. maybe it would have been better if I wasn't playing in handheld mode, but would probably much rather just use the right analog stick to look all around. Despite all that the game was really fun and I will definitely be picking it up!

I chose Team Cake and I won most of the matches. Too bad it wasn't enough, though. Cake>>>>>>>>Ice Cream.

I played about an hour. Lost and won about equally, but I had lots of fun even when losing.

Fun fact. Most gamers consider you a casual if you use motion controls. In Splatoon, you're considered a casual if you DON'T use motion controls. Ha ha.

Nothing, because my Switch refused to connect to my Wifi during the Splatfest, so I wasn't able to play it :/

Yes, I'm salty about it.