By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 3rd - 9th July 2017

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

It launched a long time later then the Wii U and passed it with ease.  

By far the best selling home console of gen 8 in Japan.  It's now on its victory lap and will pass out the Wii U again as it doubles it's sales. 

Like I wrote, PS4 took few years to beat failed and worst selling Nintendo console ever in Japan, while on other markets PS4 beat Wii U in just few monts after launch, so no it didnt beat Wii U easy in Japan, it beat it only when Nintendo started abandoning Wii U and when was obvious Nintendo preparing NX/Switch.

Are yiu relly you think that its some kind of accomplishment for PS4 that outsold failed and worst selling Nintendo console ever, and Xbox console, in Japan!? Sry, but thats just crazy. :)

You like facts so here's some.  

Launch aligned it was easily beating Wii U before it was abandoned.  

It's the only console (including handhelds not down on it's predecessor).  

The fact Wii U is Nintendo's and Microsofts worst ever selling home console just shows how bad the market is.  It's a miracle ps4 is tracking ahead of ps3. 

What a beast. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

Like I wrote, PS4 took few years to beat failed and worst selling Nintendo console ever in Japan, while on other markets PS4 beat Wii U in just few monts after launch, so no it didnt beat Wii U easy in Japan, it beat it only when Nintendo started abandoning Wii U and when was obvious Nintendo preparing NX/Switch.

Are yiu relly you think that its some kind of accomplishment for PS4 that outsold failed and worst selling Nintendo console ever, and Xbox console, in Japan!? Sry, but thats just crazy. :)

You like facts so here's some.  

Launch aligned it was easily beating Wii U before it was abandoned.  

It's the only console (including handhelds not down on it's predecessor).  

The fact Wii U is Nintendo's and Microsofts worst ever selling home console just shows how bad the market is.  It's a miracle ps4 is tracking ahead of ps3. 

What a beast. 

Wii U had bad sales hole time, even in 1st year, fact that Wii U is worst selling Nintendo console tells us how bad sales were, so that again isn't any accomplishment for PS4.

So PS4 is selling on pair or little above worst selling Sony console in Japan, while on all other markets its selling double than PS3 and actually ahead of best selling console of all times.

It doesn't have anything with market, Wii U is worst selling Nintendo console on evre market not only in Japan, and XB1 is selling less than Xbox360 world wide not only in Japan.

PS4 sold 5m in 3.5 years, how you can say that is miracle or that PS4 is a beast in Japan!? Point that PS4 is currently little ahead than worst selling Sony console ever cannot be called miracle (lol), and even less "beast" (double lol), especially when that same console is selling double than PS3 on all other markets, its crazy to use words like "miracle" or "beast" for PS4 sales in Japan. If its selling better than PS2 that could be called miracle or you could say that is a beast. Buy your point, If Wii U 2 is selling just a little ahead of Wii U in Japan, I could say that is a miracle and that Wii U 2 is beast because its selling a little better than previous console in Japan. :D

Goodnightmoon said:
Miyamotoo said:

Ps4 outsold WiiU, XBO and Ouya combined in Japan, MASSIVE SUCCESS :P

Not only that, but what a "beast" and it's a "miracle". :D

Your not listening. Mobile devices including mobile consoles took over Japanese gaming. Home consoles were dying.. Wii U bombed compared to Wii, XB1 bombed compared 360. After 1 year of sales people said ps4 was going to bomb too compared to ps3.

But it bucked the market trend and is up on ps3. Given the circumstances it's a miracle. Shows what a beast the ps4 is that it could buck the trend.

Even 3DS was down on it's predecessor. Even Switch. Even vita. Ps4 is the only one standing.

Kerotan said:
Your not listening. Mobile devices including mobile consoles took over Japanese gaming. Home consoles were dying.. Wii U bombed compared to Wii, XB1 bombed compared 360. After 1 year of sales people said ps4 was going to bomb too compared to ps3.

But it bucked the market trend and is up on ps3. Given the circumstances it's a miracle. Shows what a beast the ps4 is that it could buck the trend.

Even 3DS was down on it's predecessor. Even Switch. Even vita. Ps4 is the only one standing.

Wow. Now that's premature. You're already proclaiming that the Switch is down on its predecessor after 4 months of intense shortages. You do realize that the PS4 was down on PS3 for its first year and a half, right?

The Switch is going sold out in minutes when is on stores, but yeah, it will sell less than Wii U. Ahan, yeah.

Around the Network
rodea_sky_soldier said:
The Switch is going sold out in minutes when is on stores, but yeah, it will sell less than Wii U. Ahan, yeah.

I clearly mean Switch vs 3DS but if we are to be fair it's Switch vs 3DS + Wii U since its a succesor to both.  

Switch will be down on 3DS+Wii U and possibly down on just 3DS over its life too. Again I reiterate,  ps4 is the only console that is up gen over gen.  It's bucking the market trend. 

Kerotan said:

No, actually you are one that is not listening, like I wrote, Wii U bombed world wide not just in Japan, and become worst selling Nintendo console ever world wide after their best selling console ever. XB1 will end selling worse compared to Xbox360 world wide, not just in Japan. Yes, after 1st year of PS4 people thought it will bombed hard in Japan, its good that didnt bombed but definitely don't have strong sales either in any case.

But PS3 is worst selling Sony console ever, fact that in Japan PS4 is selling similar like with worst seling Sony console ever doesnt mean nohting, because worldwide PS4 has much bigger popularity and actually double sales than PS3. So no, its not a miracle and no PS4 is not beast in Japan. Like I wrote, buy your point If Wii U 2 is selling just a little ahead of Wii U in Japan, I could say that is a miracle and that Wii U 2 is beast because its selling a little better than previous console in Japan, that's crazy thinking.

Lol, of course that 3DS is down on its predecessor when comes after best selling handheld of all time, and despite 3DS was fighting against mobile device this gen, it become 3. best selling gaming hardware of all time in Japan after DS and GB/GBC (it beated even PS2). Vita is faile and actualy worst seling Sony hardware, same like Wii U for Nintendo in any case. And its too early to talk about Switch because it's only 4 months on market and still is heavily supply constrained, we still don't know what are real heights for Switch.

In Japan this gen PS4 actually is only gaming hardware that come after worst selling hardware of some company, all other hardwares (Wii U, 3DS, Vita, XB1) come after actualy best selling hardwares of Nintendo, Sony and MS (Wii, DS, PSP and Xbox360), so pointing that PS4 is "beast" and sales are "miracle" just beacuse is seling similar sales like worst selling Sony console while other hardware in Japan selling worse than actualy their best selling consoles ever, doesn't make any sense, especially when world wide PS4 will most likely be best selling console of all times after PS2.

S.Peelman said:
I'm happy that with Breath of the Wild there's finally a Zelda game that actually sticks around in JP charts again.

Yeah I was just about to say this might be the first Zelda since Ocarina of time to hit a million lifetime!

Kerotan said:
rodea_sky_soldier said:

I clearly mean Switch vs 3DS but if we are to be fair it's Switch vs 3DS + Wii U since its a succesor to both.  

Switch will be down on 3DS+Wii U and possibly down on just 3DS over its life too. Again I reiterate,  ps4 is the only console that is up gen over gen.  It's bucking the market trend. 

yep that`s correct

guys which console do you think will sell more in august
ps4 or switch