By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Master analyst, Michael Pachter, predicts that Switch will not sell near Wii.

Although, Nintendo Switch is recording strong sales around the world, according to the well-known analyst Michel Patcher the new console of the house of Kyoto will not be able to replicate the success of Wii. According to the words of Patcher, Switch could get to sell 50 million units.

The sales of Nintendo Switch are progressing well, so much so that Nintendo has made no secret of expecting good results already by the end of the fiscal year in progress.

As the projections are encouraging, the renowned analyst Michael Pachter does not expect the new console can get close to the numbers produced in the past by the Wii. Nevertheless, it should have enough thrust to reach fifty million units.

“Overtime Switch will be fine it will do 50 million if the price comes down the curb. The question though is will it do a hundred? I don’t think so that’s 20 million a year. 10 Million a year for 5 years for sure,20 Million a year ever probably not,” Michel Patcher says in a recent statement.

Previously, the analyst, Micheal Patcher, had said that this year Nintendo Switch could sell more than Xbox One.

The analyst, at least implicitly, therefore, assumes a life cycle of five years for the console. According to Nintendo, however, Switch will be able to replicate the success of the Nintendo Wii.

http://gametransfers.com/micheal-patcher-nintendo-switch-wont-be-as-successful-as-wii/

Updated thread with content of article - think-man

Around the Network

We'll see.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

I agree. I don't think it will either

We shall see indeed. Is the system still selling out these days?

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
We shall see indeed. Is the system still selling out these days?

New stock sold out on Amazon pretty quickly. Like, less than 2 hours but more than 1 hour quick.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

I wish I could get paid to make obvious statements

We'll see, that's why it's called a prediction. That being said I also agree but I also believe it'll eventually hit 75-80M Lifetime which isn't bad. Especially in a market where mobile is taking handheld and console gamers into its arena. There hasn't been a Nintendo handheld like device with a mainline Pokemon that hasn't sold well. I think that alone makes a huge difference in potential sales.

I doubt it will.....they can't even make the thing

Preston Scott

As is, I believe he is right. It is exciting now, but its limited feature set will soon kill the buzz just like the Wii craze died so quickly after the 4 years. I do think it is in Nintendos power to make it a success greater than Wii though. A Switch Phone would help them move many, many more units. If they broaden their business, Switch will do amazing. If they hide away as a games only device, the sales will continue to decline.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Here is the problem with the Switch (which is similar to what the Wii U faced)

1 - under powered against the competition

2 - after the initial release with come good games there is a drought 

3 - it's overpriced if you just want the console with the pro controller (I want to play Zelda BOTW... now the console is about the same price as a PS4 + the game + a controller just for it).. I could not care less about portables, no matter how great for a portable they may be... I'd rather not pay for this feature...

Obviously Nintendo is free to do as they wish, they probably made the calculation that the gimmick (2 in 1 + those small "controllers") would end up being more interesting to many, just not me.