By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Castlevania Netflix season 1

iron_megalith said:

I can't push myself to finish this show. Studio Mir still hasn't learned one bit about motion outside of Action Sequences. The first 2 episode were a pain to finish.

I agree, the motion is somewhat stiff and doesn't flow very well in some scenes, which I can't recall since they were just STANDING.

I watched Gantz 0 afterwards (I know, CGI and hand drawn are very different) but MY GOD, was the motion capture flawless. Those characters, even very minor ones moved so realistically and the scenes all flow so well. It was a feast for the eyes.

Around the Network

Oh damn, they released episodes 3 and 4 already? And that's the end of the season..? Well shit now I need to watch. I've only seen the first 2.

I enjoyed what I've seen for the most part. I will say it's pretty damn dark compared to what I expected. I mean I know it's Castlevania but given its close association and history with Nintendo I didn't quite expect so many sexual references, f-bombs, and graphic demon slaughterings heh.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Xeon said:
I thought it was well done. I agree that it was too short but it's a promising start to the series. I think they already announced that the second season will be 8 episodes.

8 episodes is still way too short, especially with them all being <30 mins.

That said, I really enjoyed the first season while it lasted. That pilot episode was some powerful shit.

Yeah, you better enjoy it, folks, it's probably the only thing Castlevania-related we'll ever get apart from stupid gambling machines (how is this even legal?) because fucking Konami sadly still owns the IP.

KManX89 said:

8 episodes is still way too short, especially with them all being <30 mins.

That said, I really enjoyed the first season while it lasted. That pilot episode was some powerful shit.

Yeah, you better enjoy it, folks, it's probably the only thing Castlevania-related we'll ever get apart from stupid gambling machines (how is this even legal?) because fucking Konami sadly still owns the IP.

I agree with you there.  The more the better.  I hope they continue after they finish with Trevor's story.

And yeah, Konami has mishandled all their major IPs.  Just sell it to someone who cares or at the very least outsource them to developers who care.

Really enjoyed it, but its incomplete.....  things were just getting started.  Kind of a strange place to stop it.

Around the Network
DarthMetalliCube said:
Oh damn, they released episodes 3 and 4 already? And that's the end of the season..? Well shit now I need to watch. I've only seen the first 2.

I enjoyed what I've seen for the most part. I will say it's pretty damn dark compared to what I expected. I mean I know it's Castlevania but given its close association and history with Nintendo I didn't quite expect so many sexual references, f-bombs, and graphic demon slaughterings heh.

As long as there's no pachiko machines, I'm okay with it.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
DarthMetalliCube said:

As long as there's no pachiko machines, I'm okay with it.

This.

Hell, I'm surprised they even greenlit a Netflix series TBH.

Not bad overall

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Kuksenkov said:
I enjoyed it, but the swearing was a little too much in Episode 2.

I'll definitely tune in to the second season whenever it releases.

you have a problem with the swearing, but not with people being ripped to pieces ? weird priorities