By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Blu-rays sale percentage tracking

Here are the numbers for week ending 11/21/2010 

Blu-ray Ratio 19:81   Great Week

Top 20 Blu-ray Ratio:  33:67   Great Week

Around the Network

That shoudl be competely up to date,  the new number should be out this Friday. or next Monday.  It will include Black Friday so i cant wait to see those sales. 

Black Friday numbers are here

Here are the numbers for week ending 11/28/2010 

Blu-ray Ratio 17:83   Great Week

Top 20 Blu-ray Ratio:  10:90   Now despite how bad this number looks it isnt all that terrible. It was like this last
                                                       year for Black Friday week as well.

Blu-ray revenue for the week is a new record.   

Cool, hoping december it improves by quite.

Sorry these are a little late  but here they are

Here are the numbers for week ending 12/05/2010 

Blu-ray Ratio 20:80  Great Week

Top 20 Blu-ray Ratio:  28:72   Great Week

Around the Network

A Dream Week for ‘Inception’

By : Thomas K. Arnold | Posted: 15 Dec 2010
tarnold@questex.com

Warner Home Video’s Inception flew off retail shelves its first week in stores, displacing Summit Entertainment’s Eclipse as the top-selling disc for the week ended Dec. 12.

Paramount/DreamWorks’ Shrek Forever After, meanwhile, topped Home Media Magazine’s rental chart for the week, largely due to high demand at Redbox and Netflix. Paramount is one of the only studios that doesn’t impose a rental window on its new releases for the two rental services, which together generate nearly 60% of all rental transactions.

Shrek Forever After debuted at No. 3 on the Nielsen VideoScan First Alert sales chart, right behind the third “Twilight” movie.

Walt Disney Studios’ Toy Story 3 remains a steady holiday season seller, holding on to its No. 4 position on the sales chart in its sixth week of release.

On Nielsen VideoScan’s dedicated Blu-ray Disc sales chart, Inception scored an easy victory, with 65% of its unit sales coming from the high-def disc. In its second week of release, Eclipse dropped down a notch to No. 2, but it only sold 30% as many Blu-ray Discs as Inception.

Inception debuted at a lowly No. 14 on the rental chart, which isn’t surprising, given that the title is only available at brick-and-mortar retailers its first month of release. At both Blockbuster and independent video rental stores belonging to the IDEA group, Inception was No. 1

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/research-dream-week-inception-21454

I believe there were a couple Blu-ray records broke this week, Total Weekly Revenue and Bluray percentage from a single title

So... If I'm reading this right... Blu-ray is around the same percentages as it was last year?

That's... slightly ominous. You've got the bad economy and all, but the economy was worse last year.

EDIT: no reading it wrong, that was total sales last year.

How is it doing YOY Blu-ray wise?  30% seems... low.

I feel like DVD had already crossed the 50% barrier at this point.

Kasz216 said:

So... If I'm reading this right... Blu-ray is around the same percentages as it was last year?

That's... slightly ominous. You've got the bad economy and all, but the economy was worse last year.

EDIT: no reading it wrong, that was total sales last year.

How is it doing YOY Blu-ray wise?  30% seems... low.

I feel like DVD had already crossed the 50% barrier at this point.

Well Blu-ray revenue is up 61% over last year same week,  it was up 20% on Black Friday week over last year.  

BR is a total mess. Apart from the core "must haves" this format will not become the standard. Many many people are sticking with DVD's. It's hilarious but I still see every movie gift as a DVD still. Shame for BR nice try but it's just not going to cut it

You cant compare DVD with bluray because must people will need to own HDTV to enjoy bluray.