By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Blu-rays sale percentage tracking

Around the Network

holiday effect kicking in for BR as well? nice week for BR.

Pyramid12 said:

holiday effect kicking in for BR as well? nice week for BR.

Yes holiday boosts are here for Blu-ray,  I cant wait to see Black Friday numbers, last year they were quite big.  

New numbers soon?!  I wanna see! lol

NYANKS said:

New numbers are available,  will try and post them when I get home from work.  The numbers look good again.

I would post the percentages but I will wait til I get the screen captures of the magazine

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:
NYANKS said:

New numbers are available,  will try and post them when I get home from work.  The numbers look good again.

I would post the percentages but I will wait til I get the screen captures of the magazine

Is 20% of the market about what should be expected at this point?  Seems likes it's around there, unless the holidays are artificially inflating it. 

NYANKS said:
Vetteman94 said:
NYANKS said:

Is 20% of the market about what should be expected at this point?  Seems likes it's around there, unless the holidays are artificially inflating it. 

Well on a normal week to week basis at this point I was expecting around 15%, higher with major releases. Much like alot of the analysts and other communities were expecting.  But the economy kept the numbers closer to 10-13% on a weekly basis during the summer, and weeks with major releases it would normally hit 14-16%.    But recently with the holidays coming up the numbers have been where it was believed they should be and should continue to rise.  I fully expect quite a few 25% weeks and I am hoping for a 30% week for Black Friday. 

Got quite a few weeks to catch up to.  Sorry about getting so behind to the few who care about it.   I do wonder why the thread is no longer stickied though and would like to get that fixed.

Here are the numbers for week ending 11/07/2010 

Blu-ray Ratio 20:80   Great Week again

Top 20 Blu-ray Ratio:  35:65   Great Week again

Here are the numbers for week ending 11/14/2010 

Blu-ray Ratio 15:85   Decent Week again

Top 20 Blu-ray Ratio:  25:75   Decent Week again

More numbers to follow soon,  got 2 more weeks to catch up with I believe.  And if a mod does happen to read this could it be stickied again?  PLEASE.