By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Blu-rays sale percentage tracking

@Vetteman94:

Very useful, keep up the good work!

BTW, while the replies are currently ~850, you can see here http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/board.php?id=2 that this thread already totalled more than 90k views, it's one of those people are most interested in.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Vetteman94 on 08/24/10 23:05 GMT

Here are the numbers for week ending 08/15/2010

Blu-ray Ratio 11:89     Bad Week,  this needs to start improving and fast

Top 20 Blu-ray Ratio:  20:80    Bad week for our Top 20, but only 16 of the Top 20 were available on Blu-ray

==============================================================================

Thats a nasty week for sure. I really think BLu Ray needs to get its skates on and Push for more Sales.

I have once again seen no advertising or exposure for Blu Ray on UK TV this month.

Surely the Blu Ray consortium can spare a few dollars and invest in the mediums future by advertising !

good job guys :)

Cypher1980 said:

Thats a nasty week for sure. I really think BLu Ray needs to get its skates on and Push for more Sales.

I have once again seen no advertising or exposure for Blu Ray on UK TV this month.

Surely the Blu Ray consortium can spare a few dollars and invest in the mediums future by advertising !

Every advert I see over here (NZ) for just released movies mentions blu-ray("own it now on Blu-ray or DVD..."), I would've thought it'd be the same in the UK?

Can this thread be done weekly...Its great information but extremely difficult to navigate with it being up to 34 pages and like 3 years of info. Would be great if a new thread was created weekly or something of the sort.  I had no idea that Blu Ray still had this little market sure. Either way, keep up the good work.

Hide your kids, hide your wife

Around the Network
Nomad Blue said:
Cypher1980 said:

Every advert I see over here (NZ) for just released movies mentions blu-ray("own it now on Blu-ray or DVD..."), I would've thought it'd be the same in the UK?

Well yeah OK I guess thats advertising. Its just not BluRay specific and it doesnt tell me anything about the medium at all.

In fact most people would probably just tune out the BR Disc and think Oh good its on DVD from Monday.

Why cant we have a BluRay educational ad. Tell me about the advantages over DVD explain why I should invest rather than continue watching upscaled DVD's.

There is nothing.......

Cypher1980 said:
Nomad Blue said:
Cypher1980 said:

Well yeah OK I guess thats advertising. Its just not BluRay specific and it doesnt tell me anything about the medium at all.

In fact most people would probably just tune out the BR Disc and think Oh good its on DVD from Monday.

Why cant we have a BluRay educational ad. Tell me about the advantages over DVD explain why I should invest rather than continue watching upscaled DVD's.

There is nothing.......

Do the stores not do anything like that?   The Best Buys near me having Blu-ray Informational kiosks setup and there is even a Blu-ray expert at a couple of the Stores as well

TauKappaNASA said:

Can this thread be done weekly...Its great information but extremely difficult to navigate with it being up to 34 pages and like 3 years of info. Would be great if a new thread was created weekly or something of the sort.  I had no idea that Blu Ray still had this little market sure. Either way, keep up the good work.

Well it should be easy to navigate,  just click on the last page link under the Thread link to take you to the latest information.  Plus if it was a new thread every week it would lose its Sticky and would probably die after a half dozen posts.  Plus this official thread also allows me and others to post news articles as well.   

Vetteman94 said:
Cypher1980 said:
Nomad Blue said:
Cypher1980 said:

There is nothing.......

Do the stores not do anything like that?   The Best Buys near me having Blu-ray Informational kiosks setup and there is even a Blu-ray expert at a couple of the Stores as well

The beginning of every recent DVD  has a Blu-Ray info ad which says things like better picture,sound and the rest of it's advantages.

gurglesletch said:
Vetteman94 said:

The beginning of every recent DVD  has a Blu-Ray info ad which says things like better picture,sound and the rest of it's advantages.

Yeah but they need to be informed before they buy the DVDs not after.  It is nice that they are doing it but its a sale they already lost.   Blu-rays kiosks are great with the info they have about them, and most Best Buy stores have them right next to all of the movies.