By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - CNN reddit situation- Blackmailed user wrong person? BUZZFEED exposing CNN?!

Pro-Trump versus Anti-Trump is just like a classic console sales war battle. It is becoming more epic over time. Trump's reign as President could be regarded as epic as a classic battle on par with the 7th generation console sales wars. Trump is right because blah, blah, blah!. Trump is wrong because blah, blah, blah!

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:

The user is a complete ass, but to think a multi-billion dollar company is going through all of this because of one shitposter is hilarious. 

he isn't "just a shitposter" anymore since he claimed to be the source of the (pretty harmless) meme video (well, somebody else altered it)

after the president himself used his video he got to be a celebrity on r/t_d and got his own tag, lots of applause etc, which means his problematic views (probably his honest views, "I was just trolling" is nothing but a lame excuse 90% of the time) could very well influence others at that point, so the media is actually acting responsibly by asking if he wants to put his real name to what he is saying/doing

anonymously riding/fueling the internet hate-train is not a right

Was it Putin?

FUCK. CNN. The lowest form of scum. Yes, even worse than Fox News.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

DarthMetalliCube said:

no, Fox News/Breitbart/Infowars etc wouldn't have asked before dragging him out of anonymity

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
DarthMetalliCube said:

no, Fox News/Breitbart/Infowars etc wouldn't have asked before dragging him out of anonymity

Infowars is a conspiracy theory site, more right leaning but not necessarily always right wing. They've gone on record for heavily criticising George Bush too. They're far more anti-Globalist than "right wing." Yeah I guess they could have done something like this, but they have far less credibility. Breitbart of course has their own agenda too but I highly doubt they'd stoop as low as to go after an innocent 15 year old boy for making a goofy wrestling gif, Fox news maybe, but all mainstream media is corrupt. 

CNN is done after this. Finished. Thank god.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

DarthMetalliCube said:
Lafiel said:

Infowars is a conspiracy theory site, more right leaning but not necessarily always right wing. Breitbart of course has their own agenda too but I highly doubt they'd stoop as low as to go after an innocent 15 year old boy for making a goofy wrestling gif, Fox news maybe, but all mainstream media is corrupt. 

Huffpost wrote that analysis of HanAssholeSolo's posts point to a 40+ years old Tennessee veteran as the primary user of the account. Not quite a kid that didn't know any better.

Lafiel said:
DarthMetalliCube said:

Infowars is a conspiracy theory site, more right leaning but not necessarily always right wing. Breitbart of course has their own agenda too but I highly doubt they'd stoop as low as to go after an innocent 15 year old boy for making a goofy wrestling gif, Fox news maybe, but all mainstream media is corrupt. 

Huffpost wrote that analysis of HanAssholeSolo's posts point to a 40 year old Tennessee veteran as the primary user of the account. Not quite a kid that didn't know any better.

Huffpost..... LMAO! Enough said.

Even in the unlikelyhood of that being true, doesn't warrant the destruction of someone's character because of a dumbass gif of Trump tackling a dude w/a CNN logo spliced over his head (especially when he obviously had no idea that Trump would use the image on his twitter)... I mean hell, this could have been any one of us, getting a couple yuks on the internet. This is pure outright insanity. Even Orwell couldn't imagine this level of big brother creepiness. 

Professional wrestling isn't even violent, it's fake (just like CNN's coverage of Trump) and everyone knows it!

CNN didn't even get the ironic joke.

DarthMetalliCube said:
Lafiel said:

Huffpost wrote that analysis of HanAssholeSolo's posts point to a 40 year old Tennessee veteran as the primary user of the account. Not quite a kid that didn't know any better.

Huffpost..... LMAO! Enough said.

Even in the unlikelyhood of that being true, doesn't warrant the destruction of someone's character because of a dumbass gif of Trump tackling a dude w/a CNN logo spliced over his head (especially when he obviously had no idea that Trump would use the image on his twitter)... I mean hell, this could have been any one of us, getting a couple yuks on the internet. This is pure outright insanity. Even Orwell couldn't imagine this level of big brother creepiness. 

if anybody "destroyed the guys character" it is himself

and as I said in a post before, the wrestling gif was harmless, what wasn't harmless was the account's 18 month history of hateful, biggotted, antisemitic etc etc etc posts coupled with it's newly gained celebrity status due to the president tweeting a video and the guy claiming 'hey, I did that! the president acknowledged me!' (well, somebody else added sound to it)

Orwell's 1984 was about thought-control and mindcontrol with the power of language

posts on the internet aren't just "thoughts", they are published speech, just like anything you say, but with a potentially much much broader audience, so this situation isn't "Orwellian" at all