By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I forgot how frustrating is Uncharted gameplay

foodfather said:
I always thought Uncharted series had terrible gameplay. Great characters, graphics, set pieces etc. Terrible, truly terrible controls and gameplay. Borderline unplayable.

Agreed. Don't even get me started!

Around the Network

I always thought Naughty Dog nailed the gun play in Crash Bandicoot: Warped and slowly declined thereafter with the uncharted games.

Can't really say I had any issues with uncharteds controls.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

I am legit baffled at all the people saying it has terrible controls... i never had any issues with any of them, the games controlled exactly like what i wanted from them.

I'd say that Uncharted 1 had some control issues, and it was, honestly, boring and repetitive as hell. But from Uncharted 2, I haven't had any problems with gameplay generally.

Around the Network

I never had an issue with that.

estebxx said:
I am legit baffled at all the people saying it has terrible controls... i never had any issues with any of them, the games controlled exactly like what i wanted from them.

Have you played the modern Tomb Raider games? I don't like them as games but controls and combat are on point and make a game like Uncharted 3 look very bad.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

StokedUp said:
Can't really say I had any issues with uncharteds controls.

For me, replaying the first one, the game plays well enough. My complaint is the enemies seemed to be braindead and they take so many hits to kill. And I personally hate how sometimes. Nate will jump super far/high and other times he only jumps like six inches. I died a few unfair deaths because Nate didn't seem to care whether he lived or died.

I haven't played Uncharted 2 since like 2010 but I have fond memories of that one. I'm gonna soldier through U1 to get to the good stuff.

Playing Uncharted 1 on PS3 right now. I don't know how many times I died from platforming. Gun play is poor too. But it's a launch game, i get it. Haven't got issues with other games.

Don't quite understand the 'control' complaints. There are irritating design flaws certainly - Nate does ineffectual baby jumps unless in a specific spot that calls for a ninja leap, Nate glomping on to the wrong bit of cover, and arenas that both silently close off the way you just entered from and magically spawns fresh enemies behind you. Can't speak for the unpatched PS3 versions though, they're probably rough.