By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

CaptainExplosion said:

I'm not saying it was a bad Direct, I was just hoping for stuff related to Metroid Prime 4.

You were hoping for MP4 after it was made clear on announcement this would be third parties only?

Half an hour of Crysis on Switch gameplay with developer commentary:

ARamdomGamer said:
Been enjoying my time with Origami King so far, finished the first chapter. Is pretty much the best Paper Mario has ever been since Super.

If it keeps this pace, it goes up there with 64 and Super.

Since TTYD for me since I really didn't care for Super. I'm into the third streamer arc and it's seriously phenomenal. Like, it keeps getting better and better, I've been consistently impressed and I'm so happy with it. 

Around the Network
Zero_Revolution said:
ARamdomGamer said:
Been enjoying my time with Origami King so far, finished the first chapter. Is pretty much the best Paper Mario has ever been since Super.

If it keeps this pace, it goes up there with 64 and Super.

Since TTYD for me since I really didn't care for Super. I'm into the third streamer arc and it's seriously phenomenal. Like, it keeps getting better and better, I've been consistently impressed and I'm so happy with it. 

I agree it's a bit odd getting into the game at first but once it gets going it's really good the bosses for one are surprisingly engaging.

I have to say, looking back on the Mini Direct, I was a little disappointed when watching it, I gave it like a 5/10, but I honestly can't say the Mini Direct was that disheartening. I mean, by itself it was pretty mediocre, but it was only 8 minutes, was announced at like midnight, and just didn't feel like a big priority from Nintendo with their "partners" warning given out to fans as prior notice. 

Like, I don't know, I honestly feel like the Mini Direct before, as well as the last actual full Direct, were way more offensive. Even if they showed more quality content, the context just left a sour taste in my mouth. The September Direct had a Wii remaster as it's big surprise event ... like bruh ... I love Xenoblade DE but c'mon now. And that last mini direct wasn't even a mini direct - it was as long as a normal direct, just the content sucked ass so Nintendo named it mini and called it a day.

Nothing in this mini, by comparison, makes me as salty. If anything, I actually sort of feel bad at just how much lowkey disrespect I've seen thrown at SMT. Like every Nintendo community has just been mentioning for the past few years Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, SMTV, Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, SMTV, where are Prime 4, Bayonetta 3 and SMTV, and then we get one of them and it's like, people admit they just never really cared. I get we are all waiting for the next Tokyo RPG Factory game .. but c'mon now. 

I love Breath of the Wild but the game kinda triggers my OCD

Man, replaying Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair just for the fun of it, it really is just so great. 

Before I played The Outer Worlds it was my GOTY pick for 2019. Just a wonderful marriage of tight controls, clever level design, and appealing charm.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 23 July 2020