By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

1 hour remaining until the press release.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQoHftdOPC0

Darksiders Warmastered Edition on Switch

Surprise! THQ has now reuploaded the Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Nintendo Switch trailer it briefly set live yesterday.
What's more, we now have a release date - 2nd April- when it will be available via the Switch eShop and in a box in shops priced £25.99 / €29.99 / $29.99.

konnichiwa said:
SKMBlake said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQoHftdOPC0

Darksiders Warmastered Edition on Switch

Surprise! THQ has now reuploaded the Darksiders: Warmastered Edition Nintendo Switch trailer it briefly set live yesterday.
What's more, we now have a release date - 2nd April- when it will be available via the Switch eShop and in a box in shops priced £25.99 / €29.99 / $29.99.

Seems they learned from Nintendo and decided to price this port as $10 more than the Wii U version sold for ($20)

So so far in 2019:

-Metroid Prime 4 delayed
-Fiscal Year Prediction cut from 20M to 17M
-Mario Kart Tour delayed
-Rumor from a fairly reputable source that Nintendo is starting a micro-transactions service.

Wow ... when people kept saying that Nintendo's PR was bad this year I was in denial, but this is pretty bad. Then again, I have a feeling that Mario Kart Tour was delayed mostly to move the launch further into the new fiscal year. Also, I think they will beat that 17m forecast. Still though ... I guess this doesn't affect many Switch owners, but damn, I'm kind of depressed.

Mar1217 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
So so far in 2019:

-Metroid Prime 4 delayed
-Fiscal Year Prediction cut from 20M to 17M
-Mario Kart Tour delayed
-Rumor from a fairly reputable source that Nintendo is starting a micro-transactions service.

Wow ... when people kept saying that Nintendo's PR was bad this year I was in denial, but this is pretty bad. Then again, I have a feeling that Mario Kart Tour was delayed mostly to move the launch further into the new fiscal year. Also, I think they will beat that 17m forecast. Still though ... I guess this doesn't affect many Switch owners, but damn, I'm kind of depressed.

First, it's a rumor.

Second, the translation was butchered and there's no actual allusion to any microtransaction based services.

You should be more troughout in your research before acting out of fear.

You should spellcheck more before writing your replies  

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

You should spellcheck more before writing your replies  

Oh sorry, doesn't help that english isn't my native langage so mistakes can happen  =-o)

And rumors aren't my forte, so it cancels out nicely I'd say.

RolStoppable said:

Depression is the result of looking only at the negative things. Although bad things for Nintendo can be a positive thing, depending on the individual.

Here are some positive vibes:

1. Nintendo doesn't want another Other M, so they are giving MP4 to the studio that should have developed the game in the first place. Things haven't been rosy for Metroid fans for a decade, so this delay can easily be taken as a very positive thing, because it's for the first time in a long time that Nintendo is taking the IP seriously.

2. Software forecast was adjusted up. Original revenue and profit goals will be easily met. Missed hardware forecast has no impact on future game releases.

3. Tour was delayed to improve its quality. It's also a smartphone game. Not sure why you assign negative weight to it when most people will prefer Mario Kart 8 anyway.

4. The same source also reported that Switch will use Android as its OS. It's not infallible.

Not everything will be sunshine and rainbows all year long. There is bound to be a letdown here and there. Fact of life.

Nintendo would be well-advised to compile a Direct with game releases up until E3 2019. I think the lack of that is dragging down people more than anything else.

Every time a rumor pops up on this site I am skeptical of it. Basically all I talk about in regards to rumors is that they shouldn't be trusted even if they are from a reliable source. Sometimes it feels like that's all I write when these threads appear. But, it's a culmination of all these things, which is why I listed them out instead of just mentioning one transgression. Also, that rumor is easily the one I care about the least because the way in which it was worded made it sound like it was a separate service, something akin to it's own ecosystem rather than something that affects Nintendo games. But I listed it because I'm against the practice anyways, for the most part. 

It wasn't that long ago, frankly, that people were celebrating that Nintendo announced games a few months in advance and released them on time. I was cautious of celebrating this, mainly because of Breath of the Wild, but at this point it's getting pretty ridiculous. We have Yoshi delayed, Fire Emblem delayed, Metroid Prime 4 delayed, and now a mobile app can't even be delivered on time. The Yoshi and Fire Emblem delay are from 2018, it still affects the overall outlook of the situation as of now though. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get anymore delays after this, but still, it doesn't look very favorable. Metroid Prime 4's announcement by itself was great, actually, I loved it. I didn't think it would come in 2019. But all of this together isn't good. And if you want to know why I referred to Mario Kart Tour, it's because I was listing the negative announcements in general from 2019. Also, we most likely aren't going to be getting a new Mario Kart on Switch. I mean, I'm one of those crazy people who believes it's possible, but still. Mario Kart Tour is basically one of the only new things we'll be seeing (again, most likely) from the series in the foreseeable future. I don't particularly care for mobile games, but damn, it can't even be done on time? I've been playing Mario Kart 8 since 2014, I would at least be interested in what a mobile Mario Kart can do. 

To be honest, overall software forecast is not something I care about much. Switch's software sales doing better than expected shouldn't surprise anyone at this point. All signs point to the software shipments I care about being about where I would expect them to be (basically all top tier Nintendo franchises will do 15-20+M lifetime), so I'm just not shocked in that department. 

Yes, I realize it may seem like I am "overreacting". Usually though, I find myself on the other end of the isle. Doesn't matter if it's my opinion on a critically acclaimed game, the announcement of a new title, or sales exceeding expectations. It doesn't shock me usually, I'm not that fazed by it and compared to most you could say I'm less "hyped" or not as reactionary (not the political use of the term, lol). So I don't think there's anything wrong with expressing a feeling of disappointment sometimes, even if it's seen as going "overboard".

Also, I am just mentioning stuff that has happened thus far into the year. We still have 11 months left and I bet it won't be long before Nintendo makes up for it. I don't even think this wave of bad news will last into next week, I wouldn't be surprised if they make it up by then. A Good Ol' Nintendo Direct should do it (emphasis on GOOD). Just expressing how I feel now .

A little update on the userbase for Switch in the US.

Before
70% of Switch owners own a PS4/XB1.

Now
(Over) 50% of Switch owners own a PS4 and (over) 40%, an XBox1.

The data was revealed, both times, by NPD's Mat Piscatella.

Link: https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/327717-cross-platform-ownership-for-switch-owners-in-the-us-remains-high

Also, Gameloft is finally onboard with Switch.
Modern Combat Blackout is Coming to Switch: https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/327692-modern-combat-blackout-is-coming-to-switch

I always wanted Gameloft to bring their games to Switch and it finally happened!

Nintendo needs to stop doing this shit where they build up momentum and then let it fizzle out by going months and months on end without any systems sellers and give gamers the silent treatment on upcoming releases. 

They could've made that 20 million forecast if they'd actually had system sellers outside of just Nov-Dec.

Sales are going to slacken now with only Yoshi in the near future.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 31 January 2019

curl-6 said:

Nintendo needs to stop doing this shit where they build up momentum and then let it fizzle out by going months and months on end without any systems sellers and give gamers the silent treatment on upcoming releases. 

They could've made that 20 million forecast last year if they'd actually had system sellers outside of just Nov-Dec.

Even now sales are going to slacken with only Yoshi in the near future.

You're right.

It was bad planning that made things turn out as they did. But if you ask around, everything is fine as it has always been. Go figure.