By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I love the cutscenes in Xenoblade 2! I wish the characters weren't so stiff when they move though, everything else is pretty good. Also, as the game progresses I think the voice acting gets better or at least Rex's voice does.

Around the Network

Like Pokemon? then check this thread out: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=235368&page=1#

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Shaqazooloo0 said:
I love the cutscenes in Xenoblade 2! I wish the characters weren't so stiff when they move though, everything else is pretty good. Also, as the game progresses I think the voice acting gets better or at least Rex's voice does.

THIS! If there's one single solitary thing I'd improve in Xenoblade 2 across the board it's the animations during cutscenes. I love the characters and story to death, but the animations do NOT do it justice.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Megaoverlord12 said:
Shaqazooloo0 said:

THIS! If there's one single solitary thing I'd improve in Xenoblade 2 across the board it's the animations during cutscenes. I love the characters and story to death, but the animations do NOT do it justice.

It varies, honestly.  The issue is when the cutscenes go all out, the animations are quite good, but thats like 30% of the time.  Same problem we had in X and definitely 1.  During those "lower tier" cutscenes the animations are a lot less detailed.  And it can be really jarring when the game switches from one level of animation detail to another mid cutscene.

Hmmmm... So I just heard the Japanese voices for XenoBlade 2 and... I prefer the english... even Rex. I don't know if its because I got used to the english voices or not, but i'm not a fan of Rex's Japanese voice, it seems too generic and deep I guess? and Nia is to high pitch for me.

Last edited by Shaqazooloo0 - on 26 March 2018

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

It varies, honestly.  The issue is when the cutscenes go all out, the animations are quite good, but thats like 30% of the time.  Same problem we had in X and definitely 1.  During those "lower tier" cutscenes the animations are a lot less detailed.  And it can be really jarring when the game switches from one level of animation detail to another mid cutscene.

I'd say the animations are good during fight scenes. I know that Xenoblade doesn't get the budget for this anyway, nor does Nintendo generally tend to put much budget toward this sorta stuff anyway, but can you imagine if Xenoblade's character animations for cutscenes had the same level of money and time as most "AAA" releases? I know that that money would be better spent elsewhere (Actual goddamn lip synching for a start), but it'd be amazing to see.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Mar1217 said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

I'd say the animations are good during fight scenes. I know that Xenoblade doesn't get the budget for this anyway, nor does Nintendo generally tend to put much budget toward this sorta stuff anyway, but can you imagine if Xenoblade's character animations for cutscenes had the same level of money and time as most "AAA" releases? I know that that money would be better spent elsewhere (Actual goddamn lip synching for a start), but it'd be amazing to see.

It doesn't exactly help when you have 10 hours + worth of cutscenes too. How much time do you think they spent on everything animation wise.

Obvious answers : A FREAKING LOT !

Oh I know, like I said, I know that Nintendo wouldn't spend money like that and that it would be better spent elsewhere. I know it would cost far more than it's worth. And I know that they probably spent a fair chunk of money on it as is. Just thought it'd be fun to think about.

mZuzek said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

can you imagine if Xenoblade's character animations for cutscenes had the same level of money and time as most "AAA" releases?

Well maybe if it sold like a "AAA" release...

This is why XC 2 sales performance is so important.XC 2 is selling far better, which will probably prompt Nintendo to spend more money on the next game.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

mZuzek said:
Nautilus said:

This is why XC 2 sales performance is so important.XC 2 is selling far better, which will probably prompt Nintendo to spend more money on the next game.

Well they said the next Monolith game is gonna be more of an action RPG or something with a more western take on it, so maybe they were already planning to do that in the first place.

I meant regarding to Xenoblade.This new game is probably a new IP, and it started production before XC 2 was out, so if it has a bigger budget, it was decided long before any sales data from XC 2 came out.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

So, I ended up ordering a carrying case, along with a screen protector. So now I guess I will be able to play some Switch while at school.